Keeping a SL House from a premium membership?

DianaKamo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So need some background to understand my question. I had this friend that had SL Premium membership and with that her Linden House. For RL reasons she left SL and haven't been online for like al least 2 years now. I am sure because I checked in groups we had in common when she last log in.

So I was checking my landmarks and I found the one of her SL house, so I decided to check it just for nostalgia and the house is still there with all her old furniture just like last time I was there years ago, the land still has the name she gave it and the permissions are the same. I thought maybe she is ghosting me for years? lol don't know. But then a friend that recently joined SL stopped paying her premium membership for like two weeks already but her house is still there, with all the furniture permissions and all.

So is this like a legal loop? that you can keep the house? or like they give you a tolerance time to pay until they kick you out of the land?

thank you

13 minutes ago, DianaKamo said:

but what about my other friend? she literally retired her credit card from her payment information and now she has this message when she logs in the web site and she is sure they haven't charged her anything and the house is till there

https://gyazo.com/30fd5d51ebf07f49ba3c17f10c7f46fd

Your friend took away the possibility for LL to collect her premium, so your friend is in debt now. The premium and benefits are on hold, or terminated till your friend pays again. And it is just a matter of time the account will get locked.
That is  total different situation as the other, who obvious didn't remove the payment info, or would get the same situation.

When you have a contract with a subscription, you'r always responsible for the availablitly of your payment method. Deleting that doesn't end the subscription, but will bring your account in debt.
First is the premium to stop, and after that the subscrption will stop. After that it's possible to take the payment method away.
Not paying the debt, as double warning, will after some time lead to denied access to the account at all.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

she took away the possibility for LL to collect her premium, so she is in debt now. Her premium and benefits are on hold, or terminated till she pays again.
That is  total different situation as the other, who obvious didn't remove her payment info, or would get the same situation.

so, she is like in a "limbo"? until she adds a new payment option they will be able to charge her? not sure about her other premium benefits but at least at her house she still have full control of rez objects ban people invite and so on

1 minute ago, DianaKamo said:

so, she is like in a "limbo"? until she adds a new payment option they will be able to charge her? not sure about her other premium benefits but at least at her house she still have full control of rez objects ban people invite and so on

when she doesn't pay, she will loose all, home ánd her account. Pretty simple.

Yeah, we left SL for about 10 years, but kept our premium membership, so my husband's and my little joined 512 plots stayed on as kind of a memorial to our Second Lives until an airport bought all the surrounding land and wanted our plot as well lol.  We came back in to do the sale... and stayed.

7 hours ago, DianaKamo said:

Not quite. She will not be allowed to log in until she has settled the debt (and if the debt is large, it may not be worth her doing so). And she cannot manage her land, rez objects or ban/invite people if she cannot log in. 

The land will be held for a while in case she does return but eventually it will be reclaimed and her items returned to inventory.

13 hours ago, DianaKamo said:

ohh damn so I better tell her to pay asap or release her house now then. Thank you very much!

She needs to pay the debt and release the house and change the account to a free account. It's not a choice which to do. All the things need to be done. The house (and any mainland owned) must be released before it'll let the account be changed to a free account. She can continue to own land on private regions (places where the region owner is another resident).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.