Failed login

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, iokaste Atheria said:

Hello all, 

Im trying to login with my viewer (firestorm) but I get the following

https://gyazo.com/e599043f8c004ebd5fa0446e2fab476f

Any ideas what I should do as I cant fix it with these suggestions?

Thanks

Have you checked your graphics card drivers are up-to-date and checked you have the latest version of the viewer installed? Have you recently installed Windows Updates - assuming you are on a Windows computer?  

Other suggestions will undoubtedly follow. 

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

Have you checked your graphics card drivers are up-to-date and checked you have the latest version of the viewer installed? Have you recently installed Windows Updates - assuming you are on a Windows computer?  

Other suggestions will undoubtedly follow. 

My viewer was working today for about 8 hours, then I had to leave from home and thought I should logout and so I closed it. I returned back home after 1 hour and then I couldnt login. My computer stayed on, no win updates made/

Thank you

6 minutes ago, iokaste Atheria said:

I just made another one attempt to login and I managed it 😐

No clue, I didnt change anything in my computer...

Anyway, thank you Marigold for your time to answer.

You are welcome, iokaste, thank you for coming back. I'm glad you are able to log in. There are currently rolling restarts taking place around the grid. Maybe that affected your ability to log in temporarily and the message you got on your screen just randomly came up - some things don't make sense at times. 

13 minutes ago, Dugal McMillan said:

I have a friend that has not been able to log in for over 24 hrs, we have tried a clean install , Cleared Cashe, tired other viewers, checked graphic card drivers all updated, changer her IP, nothing seems to help. 

Hello, Dugal, is your friend getting the same message on screen as the OP here has? 

Maybe ask them to take a look through this slightly older forum thread (or please let us know there is a different message that comes up on their screen when they try to log in). 

To quote myself from this recent thread  

16 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Are you running SL on a laptop? I've seen before that if you are frequently seeing that message it's a sign the CMOS battery in your computer is failing. It remembers a lot of things in your computer including date and time. You might want to look in to getting it replaced

Well, my case was solved for 1 day then it started again.

Until today and WHEN it happens (at least once a day), what Im doing is repeatedly login with wrong password, one after another, then after a dozen (if not more) attempts, it gives me the wrong credentials message and then this is when I can login successfully. Kinda annoying though.

Im not using a laptop btw.

PS Im writing this message after a clean install of Firestorm.

48 minutes ago, iokaste Atheria said:

Until today and WHEN it happens (at least once a day), what Im doing is repeatedly login with wrong password,

Why are you using the wrong password?  Of course you can't log in if you use the wrong password.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.