Multiple HUDs

TommieJefferson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How you all of you deal with many HUDs?  I fill up the slots on my HUD list easily and have so many HUDs on my screen.  It seems like there is a crying need for a HUD organizer of some kind but I found nothing like that in MP.  I guess I can make outfits with different HUDs but that seems like a pain.  How do you do it??

15 minutes ago, TommieJefferson said:

How you all of you deal with many HUDs?  I fill up the slots on my HUD list easily and have so many HUDs on my screen.  It seems like there is a crying need for a HUD organizer of some kind but I found nothing like that in MP.  I guess I can make outfits with different HUDs but that seems like a pain.  How do you do it??

What HUDs do you constantly need on your screen?  The body and head HUDs should actually be removed once you are done using them.  There is no reason to keep those attached all the time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

What HUDs do you constantly need on your screen?  The body and head HUDs should actually be removed once you are done using them.  There is no reason to keep those attached all the time.

I disagree if youre changing clothes all the time. You really need that body hud to alpha your body parts with some pieces of clothing. It makes no sense to keep detaching and reattaching all the time. Just keep it minimized.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

I disagree if youre changing clothes all the time. You really need that body hud to alpha your body parts with some pieces of clothing. It makes no sense to keep detaching and reattaching all the time. Just keep it minimized.

If you use a viewer like Firestorm that has a "Favourite Wearables" folder add your most commonly used HUDs etc. to that and add the "Favourite wearables" icon to your toolbar if you ever need a HUD or other item quickly and frequently it saves you having to dig through inventory every time. Would agree if you are changing/adjusting alphas or body parts numerous times a day no point detaching the HUD

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you use a viewer like Firestorm that has a "Favourite Wearables" folder add your most commonly used HUDs etc. to that and add the "Favourite wearables" icon to your toolbar if you ever need a HUD or other item quickly and frequently it saves you having to dig through inventory every time. Would agree if you are changing/adjusting alphas or body parts numerous times a day no point detaching the HUD

The ONLY HUD onscreen 24/7 is my AO.  Every other one I may need is kept in that folder.  Does the LL viewer have that folder?  I thought they did.  BEST feature ever!

Even though I change alpha and such during the day, I still keep body and head huds off.  Lowers all your numbers too.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

I use an RLV collar and remote where I have this little flower on my screen that I click on.. It brings up a menu that lets me either choose outfits or any folders  I have in my RLV directory..

I have one that is just for huds.. I click that button and  a menu pops up for all my huds ..  So I can attach and detach them without ever having to open my inventory.

• Like 1

I have so many HUDs.  HUDs for kissing, hugging, *****, various sex acts animations.  I have 10 wives after all so that involves a lot of HUDs!!  Then there are HUDs for my avi like alphas (you really do need to adjust alphas with different outfits and some avatar's alpha controls are not as good as others), facial expressions, and various AOs for different movements.  Then there are camera controls, swimming controls ... the list goes on!

Ceka I like your idea!  I'll check it out!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

55 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you use a viewer like Firestorm that has a "Favourite Wearables" folder add your most commonly used HUDs etc. to that and add the "Favourite wearables" icon to your toolbar if you ever need a HUD or other item quickly and frequently it saves you having to dig through inventory every time.

Holy....THANK YOU

Use Firestorm most of the time. SO, I use its built in AO. So, no AO HUD.

I constantly wear my GA.EG face animation HUD.

When I make an outfit I include body, head, eyes HUDs. Make the tweaks for the outfit then detach them. So most of the time I wear only the one HUD. If I am putting an outfit together then I wear 5 or 6 HUDs. But, once done they come off.

Scripts are a BIG factor in teleport and region crossing problems. HUDs have a load of scripts. The more you wear the more problems and lag you are likely to experience. Attaching and detaching HUDs is less of a problem than relogging. And the Favorite Wearables panel in Firestorm is wonderfully handy.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Holy....THANK YOU

OMG it's really the best thing ever, literally.  You can even keep your bits and pieces in there since unless you're using them ALL the time....  I have all kinds of posing HUDs stuff in there.

With the tool bar button added to the bottom, it couldn't be easier to get what you need in seconds.

2004521978_FavoriteWearables.png.04352f1adea5d4bab9ba007f146fede3.png

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 7

A reason why so many HUDs would be worn at the same time is the fact so many items have a seperate HUD for colors/textures. If you change the color of one item, you may have to go back and change another. Having overlapping HUDS or swapping them out can become tedious fast. I'd love to have a Rolodex system for my HUDs to save space and time. Just rotate between the HUDs, then detach all at once!

• Like 4

Like... wow! As a person who also has a lot of HUD's, which I use depending on which avatar I am using at the time, me thinks I am going to have to look into a lot of these things. Thank you everyone for these great idea's and tips, and especially you @TommieJefferson for creating this post in the first place. Well done... 👏

Peace...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Oh hey, I got a quick question for you all. Out of these two items on the MP...

(CTS) Wardrobe & FASTer HUD

Which would you choose to purchase, and why? Thank you...

Peace...

Firstly, this seems rather off-topic, maybe start your own threads for your random questions.

Secondly, I'd go with CTS, because I've seen other people using it, and because it's media-based, which would make it more convenient to use from my 2-screen setup. (can access your inventory from an external web-browser) I've not used it for myself, but having seen others' wardrobes, it can be a little non-intuitive how the tag system works.

I'm still at a point where my inventory is manageable enough via folders to not need either though.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Firstly, this seems rather off-topic, maybe start your own threads for your random questions.

Secondly, I'd go with CTS, because I've seen other people using it, and because it's media-based, which would make it more convenient to use from my 2-screen setup. (can access your inventory from an external web-browser) I've not used it for myself, but having seen others' wardrobes, it can be a little non-intuitive how the tag system works.

I'm still at a point where my inventory is manageable enough via folders to not need either though.

People mentioned both of those items as options for having Huds attached all the time.

I'd still recommend just using Firestorm and the Favorite Wearable toolbar button.  It's free and no set up.  Drag and drop your huds from inventory into the Fav. Wearable window.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

People mentioned both of those items as options for having Huds attached all the time.

I'd still recommend just using Firestorm and the Favorite Wearable toolbar button.  It's free and no set up.  Drag and drop your huds from inventory into the Fav. Wearable window.

Yes, the simple solution is often the best. I use Favorite Wearables all the time. No need to search in the inventory anymore. Everything I need only a button away. No need to open the inventory, use RLV or select an organizer and look in directories or folders.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Making Outfits helps you stay minimal. The only permanent HUD I use is the AO, everything else attaches depending on the outfit.

The base(naked) avatar has an AO, Mama-Allpa, Physics-P HUDs and related attachments. All other outfits are built from this base.

I use two folders for making outfits, it begins in Clothing > Outfits > "Outfit name". Create a new folder here, copy in your shape and items of clothing. Detach the bits/HUDs no longer needed and wear everything you want, then CTRL+O and 'Save As', with a name for the new outfit.

In your inventory is the default Outfits folder, all new outfits are saved to here. Right-click any outfit in there and switch between them in seconds.

The reason for starting new outfits with a shape is, the shape needs tweaking for some clothing. Suits particularly look smarter on slimmer shapes. And some RP/fantasy outfits are complimented by muscle mass.

The Outfits folder is optimal for someone like myself, who might switch from sci-fi, fantasy or urban looks within the space of minutes. And it loads the HUDs/attachments I need for each venue.

• Like 1

I have my most used huds in my Firestorm favourites and otherwise keep them detached after use. For most outfits I prefer to use alpha layers rather than use the hud for alpha, so the alpha layer is saved with the outfit. If there isn't one included, I repurpose another, or make one. When saving an outfit, I save it with all the huds attached including any clothing texture huds, use them as necessary and detach them again.

The only hud anyone needs on continuously is an AO, and I use the Firestorm built in AO so I don't even have that.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.