I keep getting the same Home?

SweetMintin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want a tilt home but everytime I abandon it and try getting it in a different place I get the same one every time. I've looked around and found unclaimed ones, yet I keep getting the same one. 

I tried to wait a day just to be sure, but I still get the same spot, any tips?

7 minutes ago, SweetMintin said:

I want a tilt home but everytime I abandon it and try getting it in a different place I get the same one every time. I've looked around and found unclaimed ones, yet I keep getting the same one. 

I tried to wait a day just to be sure, but I still get the same spot, any tips?

wait till you see somebody else has claimed it .. can take a while
and if it;s for many a not so desired location, it will be available lots of times.

• Like 2

I can send you to this thread, that is about the same. https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/479804-game-of-homes/

If you want, you can skip the long first post, that is basically saying "I keep getting the same house over and over again". The replies is giving you something to work with. Like taking a landmark of the place you abandoned, and see when it changes from "Linden Home". That means it is taken. Or you use the teleport history in Firestorm to look up the parcel you teleported from, to see if it has changed name.

Abandoned homes goes to the first place in the queue of homes, so when you abandon it, it will most likely be the one you get next time you try. Unless it is more people than you trying for homes, and the other person got it. Or unless another home was abandoned just the same time.

If this is a not so desirable parcel... you can count on it being abandoned and coming up first again. So you need to keep monitoring it, if you are still searching for a parcel the next day.

• Like 4

To add to what has already been mentioned, there are thousands of stilt homes being built that have not been released yet.  Are these the ones you are seeing as "unclaimed?"  If so, those won't be in the queue until they are released.  They are fairly easy to spot.  If the region they are on has a name beginning with "SSPE," then they definitely have not been released.  Another way to know is to click on a home on the map.  If it says "Protected Land," then it hasn't been released.  

image.png.255cbc077a25dede298802e79a2b36e8.png

Homes that are available are named "Linden Home," but not all homes named "Linden Home" are available, as some people actually name their parcels that, either to confuse others or because that's the extent of their imagination.

I have not looked at the queue lately to know if stilts are currently frequently available.  If they are in short supply, it is likely that you keep getting the same home because it is the only stilt in the queue.

• Like 5

Looking with an alt, it is 6 themes up on the page, but no stilts. Fantasy, Chalet, Log home, Camper, Traditional, and surprisingly, Houseboat.

I love to use an auto refresher that refresh the page 8-9 times in 10 minutes. It will signal when a "Stilt" comes up if I have set "Stilt" as the word to alert me.

But you need to be logged in, so you can control that it is not the same as you have already abandoned.

• Like 2

• Moles

Signs that a region has been released:
Other parcels in the same region are owned by residents (all the parcels in a region are released as a group)

Signs that a region has not been released:
The region name starts with SSP
The land is group owned by the LDPW (in released regions the land is owned by Governor Linden and set but not group owned by the LDPW)
All the parcels in the region still have their marker tools on them (the squares the mark the parcel borders of each house)

If any of those is true, then the region has definitely not been released yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.