Prim cost increase with addition of a script. CTS-613

Gearsawe Stonecutter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The value of mesh decrease more! Right now and I am sure the amount will change if you add a script to a mesh it doubles in cost at least in my findings.

Here I thought this was a weird bug but was closed as expected behavior. so my 120 prim cost drawing board is now 240 prim cost. Just from one script. Is this really expected behvior or some one not read it thinking it was a feature request? CTS-613

My guess is, it was misread from a Linden. Probably because of your little typo. Where "prim" have to be "script".

Expected:
adding a prim should not increase a mesh cost.

Of course, anybody who reads the title and the Repro could have notice this. I would strongly recommend to reopen this.

OK so I tried this in a little different place, Mesh Sandbox 28 and the new project viewer, because those are the newest stuff.

Second Life 2.7.3 (232340) Jun  8 2011 12:44:44 (Project Viewer - Mesh Asset Deprecation)

Mesh Sandbox 28 located at sim7025.aditi.lindenlab.com (216.82.40.142:13000)Mesh Experimental 11.06.07.232297

I uploaded your box_1.dae and took the defaults, then added a Hello Avatar, and the cost did double after take and rez if there were any scripts in there. There was no more increase with more copies of Hrllo Avatar.

I next uploaded duck.dae, and the cost did not change from 10.0/9.6 when I added some Hello Avatars.

So, it is looking like there is some minimum prim cost if the object is scripted at all, but it is not an across the board doubling.

It is confirmed the cost will go up but the formual for how much it goes up is not set in stone.  Had all sort of high hopes built a nice color picker was 1 prim for the longest time now is 3prims. No point in using mesh now. the only nice thing is it is still physically one prim and one script making it easy to use work with other objects.

Sigh I hope this formula changes drastically. Many of my items are doubling in cost. Kind of making them worth less.

Also note all you have to do is size the prim a little to get it to update the cost now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.