New Search page how to change it back?

SheriBalto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really don't like it.  For one they removed the population counter. Which was useful to see what sims were active and worth checking out at a glance.  The other issue I have with it is that they are hiding the sim summary behind a mouse click. That is just a terrible design decision.  I should be able to browse at a glance after I search.  Not be forced to single click each link to see what it is. I am not sure what the thought process was there but making the user do more work isn't exactly a great design philosophy.

Furthermore the chunky monochromatic design looks basic frankly.  And not in a good way.  More like a web design 101 sort of feel.  Seriously some of my first CSS and JavaScript projects looked exactly like this.  It feels uninspired and slapdash.  The use of space is just weird.  This is a definite step down.  Nothing was added to the experience but plenty was removed.

I really hope they are either developing this further to make it better or considering rolling it back because this is not a step forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely hate how the new search looks and functions, it doesn't show the current events happening anymore and the destinations are at the bottom. It's WAY too simplified and reminds me of a worse version of Windows 10. Like I get they want to make SL more modernized but this is not the way to do it. I think the old one was fine and could have been improved with a bit of tweaking.

5 hours ago, SaffiKitty9218 said:

I absolutely hate how the new search looks and functions, it doesn't show the current events happening anymore and the destinations are at the bottom. It's WAY too simplified and reminds me of a worse version of Windows 10.

Use Events tab in Firestorm Search - problem solved.

The new SL/LL search does list Events, including current events, past events, and future events out to 2057.  The 2057 event has been cancelled however, but it's still there in case SL and you are still around in 2057.

dd8514f80ceb9c6f14ef50b570ad6e6c.png

Edited by Jaylinbridges

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.