Downloading Second Life

AndersonMan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Every time I try downloading Second Life a pop- up appears. This is what is says,quote," You appear to be using a "limited" account. You must be an "administrator" to install Second Life.  I have tried downloading this program on two computers (a laptop and a desktop) but I receive the same results. Can you help?

Please answer quickly for I am really anxious to play this game:mansad:.Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hello Anderson. The message is clear from Windows. You haven't the right to install programs. Do you share this computer and laptop with another person? Maybe someone of your family? You need to log in with the main account of this computer to install the program. That's what i understand, reading your post.

EDIT: Can you  install other programs? You can edit your post (Options --> Edit)

• Like 1

My pc has 3 accounts. Three different "users" could Login to Windows at start up. I use only one but I could use the other. The Person who maintains my pc, logs in as Administrator. My knowledge of computers in limited but this might be like your problem. The 3 accounts on my pc all have the same allowed abilites but they could be restricted. 

Exactly Knowl. When the administrator creates new accounts, he has 2 options:

a)To create a new account again as administrator with all rights

b)To create an account (called Typical User in my language, i don't know exactly the translation in English) which hasn't all the rights.

Anderson uses a limited account without rights of administrator. Thats why he can't download and install programs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.