Skins, alphas, and hairbases wont come off help!

thtgirlgia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some reason I can’t take off, bom skins, hairbases, alphas or anything that has to do with textures. I’ve tried logging into other viewers to see if it was just a firestorm problem but it’s not it’s only my account doing this. My other accounts let me take hairbases and etc off. I’ve done everything, i cleared my inventory cache and cache and even reinstalled my firestorm viewer multiple times. I also tried rebaking textures, that doesn’t work as well. Can someone help please, I really want to be able to change my hairbases and stuff again.

Have you tried resetting to the default avatar.

At the top left of your screen, click on Avatar > Avatar Health > Reset Default Male/Female

I don't think RLV would affect your situation you can try turning it off if the above doesn't work and reset again.

7 hours ago, 530t said:

For some reason I can’t take off, bom skins, hairbases, alphas or anything that has to do with textures. I’ve tried logging into other viewers to see if it was just a firestorm problem but it’s not it’s only my account doing this. My other accounts let me take hairbases and etc off. I’ve done everything, i cleared my inventory cache and cache and even reinstalled my firestorm viewer multiple times. I also tried rebaking textures, that doesn’t work as well. Can someone help please, I really want to be able to change my hairbases and stuff again.

When all else fails, start with a fresh copy of your head, body and huds for both.

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I normally just get a redelivery unless you still have the unopened original purchase in your inventory.  

This is how it looks when i take everything off and do the character test. This only happens on this account because if i use my store account i can take off tattoos and etc

7D82E1C2-3D26-4CD6-BE9D-5F0D6AB0C395.jpeg

Just now, 530t said:

Yes i just did this for my head, but my hairbase, and bom skin wont come off. Also any alphas i put on wont work.

Is your BOM skin an entire skin (system skin) type?  Does it come with a hairbase ON the skin?  You have to replace such skins.  Skin, eyes, shape and brow are always worn and can only be replaced.  

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Is your BOM skin an entire skin (system skin) type?  Does it come with a hairbase ON the skin?  You have to replace such skins.  Skin, eyes, shape and brow are always worn and can only be replaced.  

No i made my hairbase a tattoo layer, so i can usually just take it off. My skin isn’t a system skin with a hairbase attached. I wear the Genus head and i also wear the Kupra mesh body. I also notice my complexity doesn’t go down when i take off tattoos.

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yeah, I see that and I'm stumped.  I'd still.check the WORN tab since for whatever reason it's not showing in the current outfit folder.  Other than that, I have no idea, sorry.

This just sucks because i work full time on sl and i make hairbases, skins and etc so I can’t see it being changed at all. Neither can i change my skin.

Edited by 530t

All I see in the worm tab is  the girl next door things which are from the library part of the inventory..

If you want to show everything that is currently worn..

Go to your upper left menu where it says avatar, then go down to the 3rd column of that menu and click, Now Wearing..

That will show more of what might be going on..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

All I see in the worm tab is  the girl next door things which are from the library part of the inventory..

If you want to show everything that is currently worn..

Go to your upper left menu where it says avatar, then go down to the 3rd column of that menu and click, Now Wearing..

That will show more of what might be going on..

CF12E7EC-CB10-4547-8B3C-324AEFB3327A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Try replacing your basic items one at a time.  Start with another system skin from the library and go from there.

when i edit my appearance everything is updated but once i got back out it's still stuck in the same skin. hairbase, and tattoos.

So basically your tattoo's are taken off but they are still showing on your avatar..

When anything like this happens to me, I'll log my alt on to see if they are seeing the same thing that I'm seeing..

I had something similar happening with my alpha layers the other day to where I couldn't take them.. Then Logged my alt on to see if they seen my alpha layers still on, and from that accounts perspective, they were off..

I then figured out I had to replace my hud for my body, which fixed my problem..  Not saying that will fix yours, but it may give a better idea of whats going on if your alt's perspective is different from your main account's perspective..

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So basically your tattoo's are taken off but they are still showing on your avatar..

When anything like this happens to me, I'll log my alt on to see if they are seeing the same thing that I'm seeing..

I had something similar happening with my alpha layers the other day to where I couldn't take them.. Then Logged my alt on to see if they seen my alpha layers still on, and from that accounts perspective, they were off..

I then figured out I had to replace my hud for my body, which fixed my problem..  Not saying that will fix yours, but it may give a better idea of whats going on if your alt's perspective is different from your main account's perspective..

I logged into my alt it's showing the same problem i see. I took everything off but i can still see the bom skin and hairbase on my account and my alt.

Ok, when you uninstalled your viewer, did you do a clean uninstall or did you just have remove programs do it?

You may need to clear your texture cache or cache.

Not inventory cache, but your cache which  you will see the button for that below the inventory cache button..

That will clear your texture cache which may fix the issue..  It's about all I can really think of to do at the moment..

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ok, when you uninstalled your viewer, did you do a clean uninstall or did you just have remove programs do it?

You may need to clear your texture cache or cache.

Not inventory cache, but your cache which  you will see the button for that below the inventory cache button..

That will clear your texture cache which may fix the issue..  It's about all I can really think of to do at the moment..

Did that lastnight still had the issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.