Stand-up Comedians

StrongZer0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:24 AM, CaithLynnSayes said:

No, because everything is offensive and they have all been canceled ;) 

I'm not canceling anyone. I want some comedians to perform. We are all adults and if you don't like what they say, there is this new technology that allows you to TP your arse out of there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StrongZer0 said:

I'm not canceling anyone. I want some comedians to perform. We are all adults and if you don't like what they say, there is this new technology that allows you to TP your arse out of there.

He was making a general statement about how people are now. He speaks the truth and that you got a little ruffled over it proves his point .. ; ) 🙂

• Like 2

Look folks this is not a difficult one. 

I have a venue and I would like to have a comic or comics in once or twice a week.  

This is not a comedy club venue or open mic per se. 

If some SL residents are not happy with a comics material, due to being offended, triggered, or it rubs their "wokeness" in the wrong way, they have the absolute freedom to TP away and not participate. Like Dave Chappelle said "you clicked on my face".

So, again, and more specifically, are there any comedians that are willing to perform?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

@StrongZer0 Obviously i was making a joke. I didn't insinuate you are canceling anyone. The fact that you didn't get that as being a joke, has me slightly worried to be honest, if you're planning on hiring a real comedian ;) 

It wasn't obvious. The delivery of the joke is very important. Dave Chapelle sounds like a total bastard if you simply write out what he says but his delivery makes him funny.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bree Giffen said:

It wasn't obvious. The delivery of the joke is very important. Dave Chapelle sounds like a total bastard if you simply write out what he says but his delivery makes him funny.

See, this is why i don't say all that much on these forums. I just cringe a lot.

Sweetie, look at the reactions of my original post, and the response of the one that misgendered me (lol). It is obvious. Maybe not to you, but that isn't anyone's fault, now is it :D 

Hilarious. All my replies in here are in a joking manner. I personally don't give a flying flip if someone wants to misgender me, or does it by accident (i'm sure it was, no big deal) I just tried to make a joking remark. The fact that this is the reaction to that speaks volumes. and Linden Labs, keep your pants on, i'm not targeting anyone here, just pointing something out. I don't care what anyone says of me or thinks of me. It's your right to do so. I just find it very ironic how that just now is the reaction. In a topic about comedians and comedy. How very interesting :) 

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

See, this is why i don't say all that much on these forums. I just cringe a lot.

Sweetie, look at the reactions of my original post, and the response of the one that misgendered me (lol). It is obvious. Maybe not to you, but that isn't anyone's fault, now is it :D 

When you use a derogatory term such as sweetie insinuating she is a child and there for needs to be spoken down to says a whole lot about you. Perhaps you need to work on tone and delivery of your remarks to people.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 2

Just now, Tarina Sewell said:

When you use a derogatory term such as sweetly insinuating she is a child and there for needs to be spoken down to says a whole lot about you. Perhaps you need to work on tone and delivery of you remarks to people.

didn't mean that to be derogatory. I apologise.

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Theresa Tennyson reads the thread.

"Hmm... looks like a bunch of people who are offended by people getting offended getting offended at each other."

I'd love to quote Stephen Fry here on what he (and me) thinks about offence, but that would offend some people :D 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.