Unable to log into the Second Life website, but I can log into the forum and client.

Violette Petrovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have no idea why I'm unable to log into the website. I've tried changing my password but that doesn't seem to work. I have the username and password saved which is what I used to log into the forums, so it isn't like I'm making any mistakes. I've also copy and pasted the same password into the client, forum, and website. It works on everything but the site.

8 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's very odd.  As you say, the same password should give you access everywhere.  Just as a test, what happens if you click on the SL logo at the top of this page?

086cbdf0c9176bb34831cf6ef9420d44.png

That should take you directly to your dashboard.

I logged out of my dashboard, then logged out of the forums, then logged back into the forums and clicked that logo -- it took me to the account login page: https://id.secondlife.com/openid/login

46 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's very odd. 

yes it is, but, not saying it's the same, when i want to log in with Alwin at the accountpage, i often get rederection faill warnings and only a second or third try will really log him in there. At the forums or in the viewer never a problem.
For me it's not a really huge problem, he's no premium and mainly a forum identity. Inworld i'm on my main.
Perhaps some stale cookies are the cause.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's very odd.  As you say, the same password should give you access everywhere.  Just as a test, what happens if you click on the SL logo at the top of this page?

086cbdf0c9176bb34831cf6ef9420d44.png

That should take you directly to your dashboard.

The same thing happens. I've just signed out of the forums, copied the password, and copy and pasted it into the password box at the forums login page with absolutely no problem, but when I copy and paste it to try and sign into the main website I get this. This has been ongoing for about a month now. image.thumb.png.17c95ae1281551824c8ecead7d2146af.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.