Premium Land Ownership

Stellabutt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi!

Me and my SO have been trying to rack our heads to figure out if there is a method to this, but we've come up a bit empty handed.
Is there a way for us to use a marketplace house on the premium allocated parcel? If not, is there a way for us to get our hands on a land of equal size that is cleared of any preset houses that exists? And would we be able to use the premium status to pay for said land?

Ideally, I'd want to be able to clear our current plot of the preset house in order to use the one we got ourselves. But obviously, if that's not an option; I'd love to hear what alternatives we have.

Thanks in advance! ♥
Stella

7 answers to this question

In a word, no. To quote the instructions you got for your Linden Home (check the mailbox on your parcel or look at ....

You are not allowed to:

• Terraform Linden Home land, sell it, deed it to a group, join it with another parcel, or divide the land.
  • Modify the structure.  For example, you can not  move or eliminate individual components of your Linden Home such as the fireplace or a window.
  • Move or rotate the structure.  Your Linden Home must remain as it came on its parcel.  If you want both a Linden Home and more land for your premium account, you can use your remaining tier and/or upgrade on the Land Use Fees page.

If you would rather have a house of your own design (or one that you buy to place on land yourself), you will need to buy a parcel anywhere on the Mainland to do that.  You pay the purchase price for the land and of course buy the house that you put on it, but your Land Fee Waiver will cover the monthly cost for fees ( for up to 1024 sq m of land), just as it would for a Linden Home.  Again, read the document I referred to above for details.

17 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you would rather have a house of your own design (or one that you buy to place on land yourself), you will need to buy a parcel anywhere on the Mainland to do that.  You pay the purchase price for the land and of course buy the house that you put on it, but your Land Fee Waiver will cover the monthly cost for fees ( for up to 1024 sq m of land), just as it would for a Linden Home.  Again, read the document I referred to above for details.

Thank you for the help!

But that makes me wonder, is there a specific place or a direction you could point me in to be able to browse land that's available for purchase? Still kind of new to this, so I'm a bit unsure of the steps to take.
I greatly appreciate any help. ♥

23 minutes ago, Stellabutt said:

Thank you for the help!

But that makes me wonder, is there a specific place or a direction you could point me in to be able to browse land that's available for purchase? Still kind of new to this, so I'm a bit unsure of the steps to take.
I greatly appreciate any help. ♥

You could start by checking the Mainland Parcel for Sale section...

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/286-parcels-for-sale-mainland/

Hi @Stellabutt!

There are several ways to find land for sale. Let's assume you want Mainland, so you can use your 1024 free tier allowance.

Use the world Map in conjunction with Search. On the Map, check the Land for Sale box. Parcels for sale will show up in yellow. In Search, select the Land tab, and click the "view all land and rentals" link. In the search parameters that appear on the left, set them to Mainland, For Sale, and 1024 to 1120 square meters.

Physically visit the parcels that look interesting. Take note of the frame rate you get, the look of neighboring parcels, maturity rating, etc. If you are lucky enough to find an 1120 square meter parcel, you can 1) create a new group, then 2) buy the land for your group and donate your tier to the group. Groups get a 10% tier bonus, so you can get a little extra land for your 1024 free tier allowance.

Note that while you will not have to pay monthly tier on your parcel, you DO have to pay a one time purchase fee. This is set by the current owner, but you pay the money to them through LL, using the Buy Land button in the About Land window. IM me in world if you would like my opinion on any land parcels you're thinking of buying, I'll be happy to advise you.

• Like 3

You'll find several very helpful articles in the Knowledge Base (tab at the top of this page), under the heading Land.  That's where that article on Linden Homes is, for example. While you are in the Knowledge Base, I suggest also reviewing the basics of Premium membership, in this article:

Among the Land articles, you should be looking for those that concern buying and maintaining property, focusing in particular on Mainland property.  You may live anywhere you wish in SL, but your Premium land fee waiver is only good on the Mainland and in Linden Home regions.  You cannot use it to cover monthly land fees in private estates or to cover the costs of renting land.  I strongly suggest taking Lindal up on her offer to help. She has taught land management classes in SL for many years and is better able to answer your detailed questions than most of us.

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

This is a delight to wake up to! Thank you all super much!

We've got a lot more to work with now and can properly try and find what we're looking for with this, and I'd certainly take you up on the offer, Lindal; if we do come across one, since naturally we're not the most experienced people when it comes to getting ourselves our own little corner in SL.

Super grateful for all this, thank you for going out of your way for us! ♥

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.