200 New SSPEs?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:06 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

I think one short road that joins up abandoned land with other land isn't what I would call "constructive change". It's probably the result of special pleading.

I don't know what this topic is about, I just saw a notification that my topic was linked here. If only it wasn't, well anyway. Just a bit of explanation on that Route 8A-8C connector:

Route 8A and 8C were built in late 2008 and early 2009, even though the parcels have been there before, the roads were only built on them at that time. As they didn't connect them at the time, Route 8C remained an isolated section of Satori's road network for 12 years, except times when resident-owned roads connected them, usually at the very same spot where this new connector is located. And still, while the land between the two roads in this area was almost always abandoned since early 2020, it took until July 2021 to convince the Lab to build that short, but very important connector between the two roads.

I collect a lot of historical information about how Mainland evolved and has been developed, and honestly, I don't see any major difference in how the Lab makes progress. They don't think about some things that turn out to be important, or somewhere in the management it gets cancelled, probably because they decide it isn't worth the work and costs. It is a very nice thing when things like this can be finally fixed, and it is also great that thanks to Patch we actually have the major Mainland continents connected, but there's nothing in these things that should encourage us to take this for granted as the current approach of the Lab. I'm actually convinced that the majority of the management don't want to waste resources on opening empty water regions just to provide sufficient waterways for the community, after all it is not 2007-2009 anymore, when they even built unique sites all along those empty water regions provided for the community to sail at and explore. Even the fact that the private regions along the Southwestern coast of Satori were recently relocated doesn't mean they are going to do such a great work in this area as they have done at Jeogeot, not just to connect it to Bellisseria properly, but to even improve the continent by doing so. IF they are going to do that while expanding Bellisseria, that would be great and appreciated, but it is really up to one thing: what the management wants.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlettaMondragon said:

I don't know what this topic is about, I just saw a notification that my topic was linked here. If only it wasn't, well anyway. Just a bit of explanation on that Route 8A-8C connector:

Route 8A and 8C were built in late 2008 and early 2009, even though the parcels have been there before, the roads were only built on them at that time. As they didn't connect them at the time, Route 8C remained an isolated section of Satori's road network for 12 years, except times when resident-owned roads connected them, usually at the very same spot where this new connector is located. And still, while the land between the two roads in this area was almost always abandoned since early 2020, it took until July 2021 to convince the Lab to build that short, but very important connector between the two roads.

I collect a lot of historical information about how Mainland evolved and has been developed, and honestly, I don't see any major difference in how the Lab makes progress. They don't think about some things that turn out to be important, or somewhere in the management it gets cancelled, probably because they decide it isn't worth the work and costs. It is a very nice thing when things like this can be finally fixed, and it is also great that thanks to Patch we actually have the major Mainland continents connected, but there's nothing in these things that should encourage us to take this for granted as the current approach of the Lab. I'm actually convinced that the majority of the management don't want to waste resources on opening empty water regions just to provide sufficient waterways for the community, after all it is not 2007-2009 anymore, when they even built unique sites all along those empty water regions provided for the community to sail at and explore. Even the fact that the private regions along the Southwestern coast of Satori were recently relocated doesn't mean they are going to do such a great work in this area as they have done at Jeogeot, not just to connect it to Bellisseria properly, but to even improve the continent by doing so. IF they are going to do that while expanding Bellisseria, that would be great and appreciated, but it is really up to one thing: what the management wants.

Again, while it sounds like this connect-up benefited a region you cared about, it can hardly be called "turning again to the Mainland" or "improvements to the Mainland." It's one little road. And there are a lot of unfinished things like this. Hilariously, for example around Sababurg, the Moles put giant billboards to teleport to where the next road starts up, for example.

I don't believe in just sitting back and accepting everything "management" wishes because after all, we pay for the service and some people pay a lot for the service. So as in RL or as on the Internet with any other product, you can demand more and bettter.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.