Jump to content

SL lindens


victoravatar
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

On 11/19/2021 at 7:40 PM, victoravatar said:

What are some ways to make them? Without working in sl or putting rl money in sl a part from that are there any other ones in 2021? Maybe there's new ones now that i have missed bcus i do know of some

What exactly does this have to do with Forum Feedback?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only way that I can think of that doesn't require doing anything would be, Parking at one a them AFK/camping places and waiting for random strangers to stop on by and just hope they pick you out of all the others parked..

 

I never understood how they allow AFK places when they are achieving the same thing camping was.. have people parking in a sim for next to no money while generating traffic for your sim..

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I never understood how they allow AFK places when they are achieving the same thing camping was.. have people parking in a sim for next to no money while generating traffic for your sim..

Money is never guaranteed with AFK. Even with pay-to-play setups, one could potentially be sitting for eternity with no takers and earn nothing.

Can you imagine how much whining/crying/screaming there would be if LL decided to make sitting not count towards traffic increase? I can.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, karenx0 said:

Nicky boo says you tell amaze bedtime stories..

I was very popular in drama club in High School as i can do accents well. My kids always loved the character voices i would create for their bedtime stories. 

All tucked in? Lets turn on the night light and off the big lights. Hydrated? Got teddy?   Then we shall begin with their favorite story.

"Nothing gave Buttercup as much pleasure as ordering Westley around..."

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 7:44 AM, Ayeleeon said:

step one, Create a female alt.

 

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The only way that I can think of that doesn't require doing anything would be, Parking at one a them AFK/camping places and waiting for random strangers to stop on by and just hope they pick you out of all the others parked..

The problem with trying to sell virtual sex for $Ls is that unless the person has a good-looking avatar and emoting skills, they aren't going to earn much money - unless there are people with a newbie avatar fetish. 😉 To look visually appealing for free is possible, but requires some knowledge of where to get free mesh avatars. Having the patience to park one's avatar at an AFK sex sim is not in everyone's tool kit, let alone the emoting skills necessary to be a SL stripper or escort. If this is a male avatar, they're also probably less likely to get clients or a sugar daddy, since straight male newbies seem to be the most willing to pay for pixel-sex.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Money is never guaranteed with AFK. Even with pay-to-play setups, one could potentially be sitting for eternity with no takers and earn nothing.

Can you imagine how much whining/crying/screaming there would be if LL decided to make sitting not count towards traffic increase? I can.

I thought that was more about bot and traffic abuse by land owners  to generate search traffic for their business or whatever they were trying to generate it for, rather than it being about the camper making money..This was why they had to start using scripted agents..

Because they could still set up camp sites, just not in the same location as their business or commercial thing that was listed in the search that they were trying to attract people to.

The only difference I see in the two is, Someone can come along and interact with the bot or user.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

 

The problem with trying to sell virtual sex for $Ls is that unless the person has a good-looking avatar and emoting skills, they aren't going to earn much money - unless there are people with a newbie avatar fetish. 😉 To look visually appealing for free is possible, but requires some knowledge of where to get free mesh avatars. Having the patience to park one's avatar at an AFK sex sim is not in everyone's tool kit, let alone the emoting skills necessary to be a SL stripper or escort. If this is a male avatar, they're also probably less likely to get clients or a sugar daddy, since straight male newbies seem to be the most willing to pay for pixel-sex.

I was kind of being silly when I suggested doing that, because it's about the only thing that came to mind that takes no effort by the one wanting to make money..

I kind of edited it down from my first draft which involved, truckers, a gas station and some other wild and crazy things.. hehehe

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So in RL I am not deeply skilled w animation creation, image manipulation or making awesome mesh things to import into SL. I’m a late-generation Boomer with pretty good computer literacy for someone of my age-cohort, but I started kinda late down that track. My core skills are “people” and “operations management” focused, so SL does not have a high market penetration for that (also, I DO that in RL 10-16 hours a day and SL is my vacation).

So I was never going to make my fortune selling stuff in SL 🙂

I *do* DJ and host events, that’s mostly a break-even process on a good day. I do it for enjoyment.

So for someone like me, its a better path to work an hour a week within my RL skill-set and then use that money to buy Lindens.

Yes, that makes me “not one of the cool, creative kids”; but SL is a wonderful outlet for me in terms of stress and also as an environment where my personal disability can go completely un-noticed by the people I meet.,

Now, for those of you who have the Personality, Golden Voice and great musical taste; DJing -can- pay off. That would be one option, especially if you already have an extensive musical collection.

The best advice I have is to find a friend who already figured out how to financially swing SL and learn from them. They probably have a “network” and can steer you towards specific ways to get where you want to be,

Its no accident that one of the best DJ’s I have ever met in SL is also the best source of  where to find sales, bargains and other SL “deals”. She communicates constantly with people she meets and that creates Opportunity.

Good luck! SL is not easy to “bootstrap” yourself in SL, but if you ask people for 1-on-1 advice you may be amazed at how many are willing to help!

 

image.gif

Edited by Amanda Crisp
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SL capped me at $2000 USD this month. I had to put in a ticket to ask to be able to buy more L$ so I could actually go to a club. I hope mom and dad linden will let me spend more of my own money... I'm sure they are worried about the big bad money launderer.

Edited by Evah Baxton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2021 at 10:25 PM, victoravatar said:

yeaaah but this is completely different from RL

No it is not. Going into SL is no less RL than logging into Facebook. Our avatars are controlled by our real selves and we are governed by real world laws and the Terms of Service of a real world company.

You can fish for money and hunt for money, similarly to old school "camping chairs" which paid you just for sitting. But, that won't net you money very fast. You could gamble, but only if you are not in a RL area that prohibits online gambling and you have your RL payment info on file (see, this is real. You can fake a lot in SL, but you're still in RL). Plus you'd need some Lindens to start with - unless you play freeplay games, but the return is pretty small, when you win.

This may be Second Life, but we still only have one. You get what you pay for in life, and pixels will never change that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Evah Baxton said:

SL capped me at $2000 USD this month. I had to put in a ticket to ask to be able to buy more L$ so I could actually go to a club

You buy $2,000 USD worth of $L and you don't have enough left over to tip a DJ and a hostess $L100? How many shoes did you BUY!!!?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...