Texture match

shaun Mosswood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there im back again as i forgit this one,

This is one from my lovely wife April, she has N-core shoes with the colour slider and always has problems matching the colour of the shoe/feet to the colour of her stockings.  I am under the belief that every texture has a numeric value so is it possible to get this number and then simply type this in so that the shoe/foot matches the stockings?  In other words the texture value of the shoe/foot is now the same as the stockings-oh and one more thing

How in the hell do you post on the thread? ive had some great answers and i would like to say thanks but i cant see anywhere on this creen where i can post a reply in my own thread.

Thanks again :)

3 answers to this question

If you use viewer 2 you can enable the Develop menu (Ctrl+Alt+Q). Then select Show Info->Show color under cursor. Then you get the RGB values displayed in the 3d view. This might work in other viewers too.

If you want to add info to a question, you have to select Options in the top right corner of the post, and then edit. OR you can press 'Permalink' below an answer and add a comment in the field that show up.

- Luc -

Hello shaun. No something standard she needs to play with the colour and to have patience. The creator made the shoes with a specific skin and and matched the sculpted feet with it. I have many n-cores shoes, never i achieved the perfect colour. On the other side it doesn't mean that the result is bad. Noone knows which skin your lovely wife wears. If she wants to change stockings everytime she wears the shoes, she must copy the shoes (all shoes of n-core are copiable) and to match each one with her favorite stockings. At the following discussion i think you can read some more opinions about shoes with huds if you wish:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Shoes-with-Huds/td-p/908303/highlight/true

About your 2nd question now you can edit your post (Options --> Edit) to add everything else you want.

You can always get the RGB values for the color that is under the cursor by opening the Advanced (CTRL + D) or Develop (CTRL + Q) menu and selecting UI >> Show Color Under Cursor.  It's the same in all viewers, I believe. The numbers will be displayed in the far lower right corner of your screen. Having said that, however, I should warn you that the results will probably be disappointing.  As you will see once you start experimenting with the Color Under Cursor display, colors vary depending on where the sun or other lights are, what time of day it is, and what shadows may be cast.  You may get a close match but it won't necessarily look good ten minutes later in another sim.  Do your best, though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.