showing as orange cloud

Sgur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been showing as a orange cloud in firestorm for the past 2 days and I don't know why. I cleared my cache and I did the character test but, when I try to put on my outfit it says It tells me for example "Failed to find clothing named Krave Phyiscs in the database." Can someone help me

Edited by Sgur

7 answers to this question

If it's been a problem for that long and you have tried all of the easy bake fail cures at https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail, then do some triage on your modem and router.  Persistent bake fail can often be due to a lousy (or irregular) Internet connection, and your router and modem are the usual suspects.  Reboot both of them and restart everything.  Avoid using wifi unless you have no option.  The problem is that bake fail is commonly caused by incomplete downloading of the avatar data files that you are supposed to get from the LL servers when you log in.  If your connection loses packets or stalls frequently, you won't get everything, or it will be corrupted, so your av won't bake properly.

• Like 1

My understanding from your post is that you appear as a normal basic male or female avatar when you do the character test, but when you put on your normal outfit, your avatar does not rez and you get the error message about the Krave Physics item.

Right click and Take Off the Krave Physics item, using the Worn tab of your inventory. Then, if you still want to use an avatar physics item, use a different one. It would appear your Krave Physics item is missing or corrupted, causing your bake fail.

• Like 1

Hi, sorry to reopen this thread but I just now started experiencing the same issue.  I also tried to rebake textures and the character test but to no avail.  I was able to unpack and new purchase I made but now even the Unpacking icon stays frozen on my screen and won't let me "detach" it.  Also if I try and go into Unavailable mode is just says "Loading".  I even tried creating a new Avi from scratch and that did not help.  And now my Outfit window is frozen and I can't even detach any clothes or worn items, or change outfits.

But get this, my Alt loads just fine from the same Firestorm viewer.   Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you all in advance.

17 minutes ago, Candy Tangerine said:

Hi, sorry to reopen this thread but I just now started experiencing the same issue.  I also tried to rebake textures and the character test but to no avail.  I was able to unpack and new purchase I made but now even the Unpacking icon stays frozen on my screen and won't let me "detach" it.  Also if I try and go into Unavailable mode is just says "Loading".  I even tried creating a new Avi from scratch and that did not help.  And now my Outfit window is frozen and I can't even detach any clothes or worn items, or change outfits.

But get this, my Alt loads just fine from the same Firestorm viewer.   Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you all in advance.

i noticed this myself when I logged in. So I went with my usual of logging out and then logging in to different regions. After the second go today it fixed itself. Sometimes it can take more relogs on 3,4,5 regions

why it does this I dunno

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.