Group Chat servers failing....again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems like we are having another bout of group chat failures.  Today the Firestorm Support English and The Phoenix Lounge group chats were totally dead.  I know several other groups have been having intermittent issues as well, some of which could be got around it one relogged often enough.  Not today though.

Linden Lab, why is this occurrring?  Some larger groups within SL have taken to using Discord chat exclusively as a result.  This has gone on for quite long enough.  Support group chat is not a frivolous use of the function and this failure, if prolonged substantially damages not merely the users whose support group happens to be the one failing but also Second Life itself, since new users are the most likely to be seeking in-world help!

PS I have also raised this as a trouble ticket with LL support but I did this last time this issue raised its ugly head and the ticket was never replied to.

I too had an issue with some groups today and Live Chat said they would forward my information to the engineers.

In several groups, what I posted would simply disappear off the screen completely - no system message of any kind. I was also unable to link with the logs for these groups on my PC. This applied to largish groups (3500 members) and very small ones (3 menbers).

Several other groups, both large and small, functioned as expected and linked to their history logs as normal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.