Help me decide...Which new AVI from these three should I go for?

TrishSummers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can you help me decide please?  I want to upgrade my Avatar to an EvoX head and skin.  And looking to make the change in the black friday sales.  So I have tested three new looks today below today.  But I am totally undecided which to go for?  Can you help?

What do you think - any thoughts? - what's your favourite / least favourite?  Which is the best  / worst?

These are all demo heads/skins, so are a bit rough around the edges...(eg  I am not wearing a hairbase, and they have the demo stamps on them) - but hope that you get enough of an idea to share your thoughts and help me decide.

I'd really love your opinion to help me make my final choice.  Many thanks :)

GIRLS-TEST.jpg

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Which one do YOU prefer?  Really, that's the only opinion that matters.

ha - that's the problem I LOVE all three.  But until I grow an Avatar with three heads (and I'm sure Avi's like that exist in SL!!)  I can only go with one.  Which do you think works the best Rowan?

• Haha 2

I really dislike the nose on the right one. It is way too thin and the nosetip turned up. The one in the middle is a bit better, but the eyes sit too close, and the nose is thin between the eyes.. The left one looks best to me. The chin shading and the collarbone detail also look better. Where is that left skin from?

And is soon Black Friday sales? My poor bank account.... 😯

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To my eye the comparison is somewhat uneven because of the image composition. We've got one choice with an interested and slightly surprised expression, warm colours, visible highlights and lighting - and two deadpan variants in cold colours.

That aside, both the middle and right evoke a feeling of uncanniness in me. Because of that I'm more prone to note things that are off than things that work. The left variant doesn't suffer from that for me. It also seems the most interesting one to me with less exaggerated features but that is personal taste.

• Like 2

Predictably, I'm going to cast my ballot for the clear winner by consensus -- the left one. It's more individual and unique looking, and, for my money, prettier and more realistic. I also think it looks more, well . . . friendly. Inviting? The other two have a sort of generic "SL look" to me.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TrishSummers said:

Can you help me decide please?  I want to upgrade my Avatar to an EvoX head and skin.  And looking to make the change in the black friday sales.  So I have tested three new looks today below today.  But I am totally undecided which to go for?  Can you help?

What do you think - any thoughts? - what's your favourite / least favourite?  Which is the best  / worst?

These are all demo heads/skins, so are a bit rough around the edges...(eg  I am not wearing a hairbase, and they have the demo stamps on them) - but hope that you get enough of an idea to share your thoughts and help me decide.

I'd really love your opinion to help me make my final choice.  Many thanks :)

GIRLS-TEST.jpg

My personal favourite is the middle one but based on your profile icon here, the left one looks more like you.

Which heads are they? I think I need to try a demo of the middle one myself.  I always struggled with Lelutka heads to get the mouth right  (they have a flat-ish upper lip with hardly any cleft) but that middle one looks like something I could work with.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

To my eye the comparison is somewhat uneven because of the image composition. We've got one choice with an interested and slightly surprised expression, warm colours, visible highlights and lighting - and two deadpan variants in cold colours.

That aside, both the middle and right evoke a feeling of uncanniness in me. Because of that I'm more prone to note things that are off than things that work. The left variant doesn't suffer from that for me. It also seems the most interesting one to me with less exaggerated features but that is personal taste.

Ha.  thanks for feedback.  Any and all feedback is really appreciatied, hinestly :)  (and sorry my 'image composition' didn't help any.  But as said in my post - it was meant to be just a rough comparason of three heads.  I wasn't planning on entering the picture in a competition or anything - lol)

And when you say uncanniness.  Not sure I get what you mean?  is that a bad thing?  Google's definition of Uncaniness is. adj. 1. having or seeming to have a supernatural or inexplicable basis; extraordinary: uncanny accuracy; an uncanny knack of spotting an opportunity. 2. mysterious; arousing fear or dread.

Do those two heads really bring about a fealing of fear or dread for you ?

As i say - all feedback appreciated.  Just not sure I get when you mean.  My bad :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.