Can't comment on any MP reviews

TheTailsDoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The option to comment on reviews is suddenly gone for me, on this account and others. I cannot even comment on my own reviews. So now I can't use MP reviews to ask questions from people who have already bought something I haven't purchased yet or answer questions about things I bought. What's up with this? Have I done something wrong? I would think I'd have received notification if I had, and I am not aware of any rules being broken.

6 answers to this question

Looks like reviews are now anonymous as well. The comments link is still there but does nothing. I kind of get (not really) making the reviews anonymous because let's be honest. Some of the reviews are hilariously stupid and knowing who wrote them isn't always the best thing for the reviewer. They tend to get piled on through comments on that review. I'll be open and honest, this was one of my joys on MP. I actively seek out 1-star reviews to see if the review(s) are justified. In some cases they are, in others, not so much. And those are the fun ones to read.

But i don't understand the why. I think i have an idea as to why but i could be totally wrong. As a small merchant myself i used to occasionally get 1-star reviews. I looked into as to why and made an effort to contact the reviewer to try and work something out. By making the reviews anonymous, you've (LL) made this impossible. But at least you could flag a review and if you are the original seller bad (unjustified) reviews where usually deleted within hours, if not minutes. I was highly impressed with that and it gave me confidence that LL actually cared about its merchants. In the last months this seemed to be less of a thing. I've seen quite a few wrongful reviews on items (not my own) with a bunch of comments under it from other people pointing out how the reviewer was wrong, or made a mistake or something along those lines. As a potential buyer reading reviews AND comments, you could have then seen that a bad review would be unjustified. Again, this will now no longer be possible. Very peculiar and i can't but wonder how well this has been thought out.

I don't know if you're aware of Youtube's latest decision to disable the dislike button. I don't know if this was your inspiration or not, but lots of other Youtubers have raised similar points as the ones i'm making here. Again, in case you're unaware... It isn't being received well, at all.

968419918_youtubedislikedisliked24112021.jpg.4e55a310a78908e82e143e0925f5b9cf.jpg

This is a screenshot as of 24 November 2021. 

I would like to point out something about flagging reviews as well. You have these multiple selections, categorised pre-set sentences that don't always apply. But then on other SL websites (such as these forums) when flagging a post, the user is actually able to write a short reason for flagging/reporting it. In the viewer you have both. You have to select a category and the option to write a small description. Where is the consistency in this? Why is MP, the forums and the viewer so different when it comes to reporting?

In my opinion it comes down to a lack of staff. I don't think you want to dedicate too much people into monitoring MP reviews and you believe this could be a solution. I also think you do this to protect the (avatar/account) identities of reviewers. which as is said, i sorta get. But the lack of being able to comment isn't a good idea. Once again as i said, if a 1-star review is unjustified, people should be able to comment on that so other potential buyers can see through the 1-star review by the aid of other people making counter statements.

As a company dedicated to people and them communicating and bringing them together, i don't believe restricting ways of actually communicating is the best way forward. And ironically i'm now fearing again that you (LL) will ban me from the forums for 3 days yet again for having a (possibly unpopular) opinion:( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

a year later, this is still an issue.  I have this issue myself. (Yes, I woke a necro post)

If you read the jira, it has a comment...

Shrike Linden

Added 19/Nov/21 11:16 AM

Hello! This was an intentional change on our part! Only merchants and store managers can comment on reviews for their listings. Feedback is of course welcome. Have a good day!

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.