Door Locks ? in default Linden homes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sure, just give her the landmark. However, you are the only one allowed to access the control panel.

PS: you can unlock the doors and set the LM inside the house, but your friend will not be able to rez any object on your Linden land (i.e, clothes boxes, etc)

• Like 1

Hello Rybbon. The best solution is to give her a landmark inside the house. No reason to unlock the door. If you want to give your girlfriend the right for rezzing, is possible just you need to set the land in your group. I explain:

Owner: You (You can't change it)

Group: Your group (general tab of the options of the land)

In tab options, set Build :group

You can't deed the land to your group. That means with simple words that your girlfriend has no access in the options of the land (for example to change the stream). She will be able only to rezz things (unpack and decorate).

• Like 1

Yes, I did do that this morning but I was not sure whether it would continue to allow access if I was not in the house. I appreciate your going the extra step, however, discussing the rez issue and I will be looking more carefully at those options. Many thanks once again!

Cheers!

Probably just a pragmatic solution but it will do just in case your gf found herself outside your house.

Keep a chair in the house, she can always position her camera into the house, right click and sit. She'll be right in the house. Locking a house doesn't prevent someone from going into the house. It just won't allow anyone to open the door.

FYI: If you set the land to limited access then you will need to put her name to the access list. Also, there might be a time when you will set your home location to a certain coordinate in your house. Just make sure it is not outside of the house unless you intended to do so.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.