Lelutka EvoX head shapes different

Rhun DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is more of a rant than a question, but why did Lelutka change the shaping when they upgraded their heads?  I upgraded the Skyler head on my alt, and now the original shape I had doesn't work!  I loved the look of that alt, and try as I might, I can't' get it back with the new EvoX upgrade head!  I'm going to have to go back to the older version.  Did they really need to change it so that the same shape no longer works? 

8 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Rhun DeCuir said:

This is more of a rant than a question, but why did Lelutka change the shaping when they upgraded their heads?  I upgraded the Skyler head on my alt, and now the original shape I had doesn't work!  I loved the look of that alt, and try as I might, I can't' get it back with the new EvoX upgrade head!  I'm going to have to go back to the older version.  Did they really need to change it so that the same shape no longer works? 

If you're not planning to use the EvoX mode on your updated head, you can just go back to using your old one.  The only reason needed for the update is so they are all now X if desired.  The X mode requires an entirely different skin which would normally include a shape.   I never used the update with the new bone structure on my Evo head because I couldn't get the shape right either.  I only switched to EvoX when I found a skin/shape I liked.

So, if I didn't explain that well...if you like your old skin/shape and do not plan to use the EvoX mode on the update, just switch back.to your previous head.

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you're not planning to use the EvoX mode on your updated head, you can just go back to using your old one.  The only reason needed for the update is so they are all now X if desired.  The X mode requires an entirely different skin which would normally include a shape.   I never used the update with the new bone structure on my Evo head because I couldn't get the shape right either.  I only switched to EvoX when I found a skin/shape I liked.

So, if I didn't explain that well...if you like your old skin/shape and do not plan to use the EvoX mode on the update, just switch back.to your previous head.

It isn't an issue with the skin - The skin I use has both original BOM and Evo X versions - so no changes there.   It's purely the shape.

All the newest updates use the Boundless head as opposed to the original Bound.  This was to increase your ability to customize.  When they updated the original Evo to boundless they included a version labeled DATED which was the old style.  I always used the dated version since I had the same issue as you.  I couldn't get the shape right with the skin I was using at the time.  When  I found a new skin I liked, it was for EvoX.  That was when I updated my head and used the shape included with the skin.

Unless you want to tweak the new head with your old skin until it works for you, I'd suggest find a newer skin made for the new bones. Most current skins made for Evo or EvoX will be made for the Boundless head structure.

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

All the newest updates use the Boundless head as opposed to the original Bound.  This was to increase your ability to customize.  When they updated the original Evo to boundless they included a version labeled DATED which was the old style.  I always used the dated version since I had the same issue as you.  I couldn't get the shape right with the skin I was using at the time.  When  I found a new skin I liked, it was for EvoX.  That was when I updated my head and used the shape included with the skin.

Unless you want to tweak the new head with your old skin until it works for you, I'd suggest find a newer skin made for the new bones. Most current skins made for Evo or EvoX will be made for the Boundless head structure.

Again... It's not at all an issue with the skin.  It's only the shape.  I can't get the exact same 3D shape for the nose, mouth eyes or chin.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.