Did LL just Secretly Break (update) SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was working on some animations for my next machinima, when i was randomly logged in. Apparently the sim was restarting and i didn't notice the warnings. I go back in and SL crashes constantly when running shadows Which i need for my Machinima. Whenever theres one or more avatars on the screen now, sl instantly crashes. I used to be able to run SL with dozens of people and shadows on. But now its failing at 2 while running on Phoenix. I try kirsten viewer, Everything works fine, but when i try to upload my animations, which always upload perfectly fine, it tells me that it cannot initialize the motion, and my animations wont upload. And all this worked perfectly fine before i got kicked off Second Life.

Did LL just install something or change something without informing people? Why is my phoenix currently immobilized, and impossible to run, when it ran perfectly fine 20 minutes ago. What the hell is going on here.

Eric - Please contact support and give them the details of what happened and your location etc.  They should be able to look into this for you.

Eric Boccara wrote:

I was working on some animations for my next machinima, when i was randomly logged in. Apparently the sim was restarting and i didn't notice the warnings. I go back in and SL crashes constantly when running shadows Which i need for my Machinima. Whenever theres one or more avatars on the screen now, sl instantly crashes. I used to be able to run SL with dozens of people and shadows on. But now its failing at 2 while running on Phoenix. I try kirsten viewer, Everything works fine, but when i try to upload my animations, which always upload perfectly fine, it tells me that it cannot initialize the motion, and my animations wont upload. And all this worked perfectly fine before i got kicked off Second Life.

Did LL just install something or change something without informing people? Why is my phoenix currently immobilized, and impossible to run, when it ran perfectly fine 20 minutes ago. What the hell is going on here.

Doing what Lexie suggested is probably the best idea.

Nothing similar has happened to me since the updates, and I highly doubt a server update would do something like that to only a single viewer (your own), then again perhaps it was something about being logged out during the server updates.

Have you tried the "rinse and repeat?"  "Rinse and repeat," is clearing the cache and checking your graphics drivers, because if LL has a decent support script, this will be asked about first and foremost.  Best to get 'em outta the way and save chat time.

Another thing I can think of off the top of my head is stripping the avatar of all worn objects and see what happens. 

It's amazing what a sudden log off or crash will corrupt.

I don't know the answer to your question.....but as someone who has been banned twice (/me waves and gives a big shout out to all you haters that can't refrain from AR'ing me...you know who you are)  I am shocked that you used the phrase 'what the hell is going on here"   that  kind of harsh language is intolerable    muwahahahahaha   just kidding (sort of)   xxox ~moxie!

I have the same problem and it too started around the same time: I've tried clean install, flushing caches manually, other regions, toggled VBO ... all normal fixes and ideas i could get. Still the upload window either crashes or values stay to zero and upload doesnt do anything. I know two more people who have the same problem.

Using qavimator and phoenix - in sl viewer the option to upload is greyed out!

ANY ideas welcome to solve this, lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.