Rumor - Group notices going away

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, Discord, you need an email account to create a Discord account.

Where do I get my Second Life email account to create my Discord account?

Because I’m not connecting real life to Second Life to Discord.

I know nothing about Discord, nothing at all. What do you do with it?

And to the topic, maybe LL should have an email server and give everyone a SL email account, your avatar name is your email account and you use it like any email account.

I have had several email accounts, name is random long HEX number or something like that, but as soon as I close (Take) my laptop (in world laptop) the email address goes away, don’t even know how that works but it does, but very very limited, text only.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

And to the topic, maybe LL should have an email server and give everyone a SL email account, your avatar name is your email account and you use it like any email account.

They can't manage to consistently deliver group chat.  What makes you think they'd do any better with emails?

4 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

So, Discord, you need an email account to create a Discord account.

Where do I get my Second Life email account to create my Discord account?

Because I’m not connecting real life to Second Life to Discord.

I know nothing about Discord, nothing at all. What do you do with it?

I have had several email accounts, name is random long HEX number or something like that, but as soon as I close (Take) my laptop (in world laptop) the email address goes away, don’t even know how that works but it does, but very very limited, text only.

discord is one of the most secure chat platforms on the internet,  you can you know, make another email account easily,  as many providers do that for free.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:56 PM, Reed Linden said:

On the other hand, this seems like a neat idea. 

If I have your attention, I'd also love to see a global group chat that everyone in the game was initially added to (with the option to disable).  Moderators would be selected from a pool of residents and given like free or discounted premium or something along those lines...

New players would be added to a global new player chat instead of the main one until they were 2 weeks to a month old...

This chat could be accessed through the ipads everyone starts off with when they first join.  If you wanted to take it one step further, it could even be a fb-like social media platform in the game, with the web portions of people's profiles incorporated into it.

I'm not sure how much what I'm trying to say came off as what I meant... I'm a little hungover. On a Tuesday. >.>

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LucilleAntoinete said:

If I have your attention, I'd also love to see a global group chat that everyone in the game was initially added to (with the option to disable).  Moderators would be selected from a pool of residents and given like free or discounted premium or something along those lines...

New players would be added to a global new player chat instead of the main one until they were 2 weeks to a month old...

This chat could be accessed through the ipads everyone starts off with when they first join.  If you wanted to take it one step further, it could even be a fb-like social media platform in the game, with the web portions of people's profiles incorporated into it.

I'm not sure how much what I'm trying to say came off as what I meant... I'm a little hungover. On a Tuesday. >.>

iPad? You think everyone WANTS and can AFFORD an iPad? 

No, I do NOT want to be added to some global chat and be harassed like what happens in every other MMO out there. 

You might want to lay off the booze. It's affecting your judgement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LucilleAntoinete said:

This chat could be accessed through the ipads everyone starts off with when they first join. 

As to the 'ipad', I think you are talking about the large HUD that attaches to help you through the tutorial part of new accounts.  That HUD goes away, and cannot be gotten again, once you leave the beginner area.

Given how much of the screen it takes up, I sure as heck wouldn't want it to stick around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.