Belleza Freya Alpha

JulsToffy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello :)

I can't find any info on this, need some help please. I own Belleza Freya mesh body. When wearing clothes with alpha (think lacy blouses, bras, etc.), they make body under them transparent. The alpha there is NOT on, I checked by angling my camera - mesh body was visible 'below' the clothes.

I noticed that when I also wear hair with alpha, those parts on the mesh body that hair overlap become invisible.

Any idea on how to fix that please? :)

Screenshot of the issue below.

image.png.50391f9e6b19568cca5e31036c1a9869.png

@JulsToffy What you are running into is a basic problem in 3D modeling across all platforms. The render style of the textures with transparency and translucent confuses the render engine. The solution is to change the blend mode of one of the items. The item has to be Mod-OK. In the texture section of the Build panel is where the blend mode settings are.

Be warned... there is no GOOD solution. But you may find it better than doing nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

To further add to what @Nalates Urriah has said ... some of the better clothing places now are adding a button in the clothing HUD to switch the Blend mode. That gives girls with hair like mine that can cover lace bits on clothing the option to change the clothing so you don't get those weird transparency issues. Only a handful I have seen so far, but I am always grateful to see it in a HUD.

Second the answers above. This is a common issue with alpha textures. The render engine does not know which order to display the textures and has a little mini-meltdown.

Second life has two "modes" for standard alpha textures. Blending and masking. If you can, switch one of the items over to alpha masking (go to edit mode, click the "textures" tab and you should see a drop down menu for this next to the texture preview). Set the cut-off to 100 (play with this as you see fit).

However, if both the items are no mod, your sh*t out of luck I am sorry to say. For whatever reason, hair is very often no mod. 

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse

I went to check to see if I could try and make it happen on one of my bodies..

Strange thing is, I have zero alphas on and my system body doesn't even show now.. I remove my BOM skins from my head and it is pure white but still has my makeup on..

I'm showing I have a base skin on my system body  but I'm invisible from the neck down when I remove my mesh body... hehehe

I even tried really old skins from before mesh and nothing..

I don't remember it being like this a week or so ago..

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I went to check to see if I could try and make it happen on one of my bodies..

Strange thing is, I have zero alphas on and my system body doesn't even show now.. I remove my BOM skins from my head and it is pure white but still has my makeup on..

I'm showing I have a base skin on my system body  but I'm invisible from the neck down when I remove my mesh body... hehehe

I even tried really old skins from before mesh and nothing..

I don't remember it being like this a week or so ago..

I've noticed that some times the BOM engine is very slow. I expect my body/head to go grey because I added or removed something that I know triggers a rebake. But nothing happens. THen later I do go grey and it may take a couple of minutes for the new bake to come back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I've noticed that some times the BOM engine is very slow. I expect my body/head to go grey because I added or removed something that I know triggers a rebake. But nothing happens. THen later I do go grey and it may take a couple of minutes for the new bake to come back.

It's not a real big deal because I'm never gonna run around in my system body anymore..  It is where I can't see my system body but my alt can..

I even did a clean and new install of my firestorm viewer..

I'm gonna try and see if it happens with the SL viewer..  I did notice a little bit back when I was skin shopping, I think last weekend maybe, that my mesh head was pure white..

It's just strange is all I guess, not that it's something I will be noticing all the time..

ETA: OK, I took off my Maitreya hud and it shows my system body now.. I may have to get a new hud or something.. I'm showing all in my alphas and my body is BOM, so it could also be a memory thing or something.. hehehehe

ETA: Yep, That's what it was.. I just needed a new copy of my Maitreya hud..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Ok this is a thing with Belleza bodies and it took me a while to figure out, but because Belleza bodies are now modifyable, its an easy fix.

The body is set to alpha blend, so it can use alpha mask layers. But this also leads to the problem you mentioned. Parts of the body go invisible when you wear something which also is alpha blended, like hair or lacy clothes, over it.

Solution - rez the body on the ground, right click it and go into Edit. In the Texture tab, change the alpha mode from Blended to Masked, and give it a value of 1 or more (I usually set it to about 12, which helps avoid non-alpha spots if the original alpha mask was a bit fuzzy). Re-name the body so you know which one is which, and pick it back up again.

You will probably need to do this in a sandbox, unless you own a lot of land with a lot of spare LI. 

• Thanks 2

Thanyou @Karly Kiyori. I just picked up the Belleza bodies yesterday and couldn't figure out why the alpha layers weren't working. Turns out I was using the no mod version and it had alpha set to None. The mod one is a little tricky to find, its in another box labelled "Advanced users".

For reference the LI of these bodies is 73. Not massive, but yeah, I needed to rez them in a sandbox. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.