Sign in to follow this  
lala Lightfoot

teleporting from skybox to land

Question

You can open your map and click on it and then type in a different height number, click enter and teleport.

EDIT: If you type in the height 0 then u will land on the terrain at that location whatever height the ground is at.

19 answers to this question

You can open your map and click on it and then type in a different height number, click enter and teleport.

EDIT: If you type in the height 0 then u will land on the terrain at that location whatever height the ground is at.

Well one way is to open the World Map, click on a location in the same sim and then adjust the z position number (last one on the right in Location) to be ground level.  That's usually around 30.  Then click the Teleport button.  Note that if the spot you selected has a mandatory landing point, then you will be teleported to that mandatory point instead of the one you chose.  But for the most part this technique works pretty well.

--Cinn

make a lm that points to the ground?

or - if you have the phoenix viewer - and have cmd lines enabled simply type flr to teleport to ground. or even easier - make a gesture out of it, then you'd only have to hit, say, f1 to tp to ground.

You can also use teleporters, one in your skybox and the other at the exact place you wish to land on the ground. You can find plenty of them on the Markeplace.

I'm lazy.  The way I do it is to fly (or fall) down to the ground then set a Landmark at the point of my choosing......name it something (like: "My ground LM").  Then when I want to go to ground level I just pull up my LM and TP to the ground.

If you are using viewer 2 (and perhaps other viewers) you can just type the elevation you want to tp to in the location bar. Change the last coordinate number in the address and press enter, and you should be teleported there. Be aware that sea level in SL is around 20m.

- Luc -

:P Luc, I was teached a long long long time ago that the sea level was 0 meters. (sighs) no wonder why I drown all the time in SL. :D

lol. It confused me too in the beginning. I think I read it somewhere that it was 20m. But you raise a good point! Why isn't sea level at 0m in SL like it is in RL? Is it so we don't get the two mixed up? :D

- Luc -

It can actually be whatever height you want it if you own the sim, but to join up with the fake linden ocean it needs to be at 20m. If it was ta 0m Luc, there wouldn`t be any room for "underwater" lol :D

EDIT: Actually thats not true cos you can set terraforming to go down to -100 LOL...so skip that last comment :)

I didn't know you could set the height for the sea level per sim - I thought sea level was sea level. :) Live and learn, I guess.

- Luc -

Yeah it can be very useful so long as you don`t have any water touching the edge of the sim, because it looks weird when it doesn`t meet up with the fake ocean. But if you have like a deep underground sewer system for example, you can lower the water level to be just in the bottom of the sewers & keep the ground level low, instead of having to have a raised ground level to stop the sewers being filled to the top with water....Haha did that even make sense?...It did in my head lol :D

Ya know - it made sense in my head, too. :D Good point. I didn't think of builds with underground structures. I guess something like you describe would not be near a sea anyway, so you wouldn't know it was lower than the LL sea.

- Luc -

I have one little tip....when cannot find a way out of skybox.....

is use directional button to search the ground...if you see a chair for instance just click ..for sit and you are then sitting on the chair on the ground......or any other sittable item!:matte-motes-smile: