Getting harassed yet again by a person who used to be my friend.

PixelBerry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know how to keep this one short, but some years back I had a friend or someone I thought was my friend, copybot some private textures, as well as taking my real life picture and made an offensive meme out of it to share it in a group I was in with an alt account, I became aware of this as they stupidly shared what they had done to me with a friend that we were both friends with. And of course my friend told me about it, letting me know what they had done to me.

As you might have imagined, it hurt me really bad. Because I saw this person as a best friend, and I had never done anything to harm them.

I removed her, but "forgave" her not so long after, giving her a second chance, but overtime I realized that it just felt wrong and uncomfortable so I removed her again after a while.

This among some other stuff that was going on, made me paranoid and gave me trust issues which I struggle still with today.

We were both in the anime community, but because of her I left it, but I now again recently wanted to go back to it so I went to hang out at some anime hangout spots, and I saw her again.

On a new account that she made some years back ( which I also did because I didn't want to get recognized but she still figured out it was me not so long after I made my account ), I didn't do anything or say anything, I just left because to be honest she makes me feel really uncomfortable, I do and did hope that she changed her ways, but after getting a message today from someone I would assume is an alt account, a day after I saw her, I kind of honestly doubt it.

[14:54] THEM): (Saved Wed Nov 10 23:05:18 2021)im the spooky little copybot demon, watch your toes, and your special snowflake skins,,,,cayse theyre all mine anyway....you cant deafeat me....you old hag go to the retirement home...ur ***** stank. u pasty white whore, ur not special or unique ur like every other fuilly grown approaching 30's woman on secondlife, carbon copies of each other. i ll sell ur skins for profit and laugh in the face of your demise. ugly. dont care didnt ask. also im  gonna comment where u get ur clothes from on ur flickr and do the work for u since ur not a blogger btw, have a beautiful love ❤️
[14:54] THEM: (Saved Wed Nov 10 23:09:44 2021)go eat more Fårikål ugly *****

My list is very short on who has been mean to me, or at least who has copybotted my textures before. But Since I saw her again recently and she probably saw me on the radar, I kind of think it is most likely her doing, however I no longer have any evidence on what she did in the past, it's been years ago. And I also can't prove it is her alt account either, but it is very likely.

She's a typical person who acts like a sheep, but is in reality a wolf in sheeps clothes, she acts and appears to be very sweet and caring, but I learned that she really isn't all that, which is why I found it so confusing as I found out what she did to me.

The alt account have anime groups in it's profile.

And also my ex-friend got a flickr account which I blocked years ago, and I also got comments on only for friends and family, which is why I assume since shes blocked she can't tell whenever I have this on or off for the public, which for me just gives me a very thin evidence but enough for me to assume it is her, since this alt account thinks that they can leave comments, which they can't.

So as you can imagine, I feel very lost. I don't know what to do, other than block this alt and report it, but she can continue harassing me on new ones.

I just want to move on and enjoy my time in Second life, but it is kind of hard when I get these messages after moving on ages ago and trying to practice on going out in public places again, it's ripping up old wounds and it just hurts, when people want to emotionally harm you for no reason.

Edited by PixelBerry
  • Like 1

6 answers to this question

All you can do is block block block block as many times as is necessary. If they know you on this avatar their narcissistic personality disorder will be fed by the attention of knowing they've bothered you quite so much.

And you are human behind your avatar, and going through extremely normal human emotions. The ex-friend is obviously not wired up correctly, probably cannot be fixed either.

There are sadly far too many people out there like this too. 

Read up on narcissistic personality disorder, these people can come across as charming and sweet but are the devil incarnate if they feel wronged. 

I'm sorry you're going through this too.

You just have to keep blocking, don't give them any attention whatsoever. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nick0678 said:

Sounds like a boring person to me, i wouldn't waste a minute of my time and just keep on playing my SL or whatever unless i was in the mood to troll her..

Never troll a narcissist. They really need to block block block and like you say, keep on with their own Second Life the way they want to play it. And try not to let the b*stard get them down. Which is not that easy when someone has jabbed away your trust and self-esteem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

Never troll a narcissist. They really need to block block block and like you say, keep on with their own Second Life the way they want to play it. And try not to let the b*stard get them down. Which is not that easy when someone has jabbed away your trust and self-esteem. 

Nah thats not a narcissist, sounds more like an idiot (or a person who is on medicine) you can understand that from the way she writes.

Anyway she's a total waste of time and actually very boring. (at least true narcissists have interesting personalities)

• Like 3

I agree with everyone else in the "Block, Rinse, Move On, Repeat" camp.  The person will eventually tire of not getting a rise out of you, Pix. Behavior like your former friend's is to be pitied, in my opinion. The person must not have anything more interesting to do in SL or RL than try to make your time in-world miserable. Some of us have nothing much at all BUT SL.

I have sadly had to limit my time in SL lately because my RL is more than I can handle sometimes. I would be in-world for hours a day, every day if I had time.

Hoping to get some time this weekend to log in though (fingers crossed). Take care

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.