Setting Sky 4?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all :)

I'm trying to work out how to set my sky different at the Sky 4 level... and I can't find out how to JUST change that part of my EEP settings.  I'm happy with what I've got at all other levels (Ground, Sky 1, Sky 2, and Sky 3); I just want to put this ONE fixed sky up instead of the day cycles I have at all other levels.  I've read Inara Pey's tutorial, the SL blog article, the SL Wiki article, and clearly I am missing something because nowhere do I see "This is how you do this thing, you dolt", which is apparently the level of instruction I need.

Halp???

You set all levels the same.

Since we don't have details on your problem I am going to GUESS that you want "sky 4" to be at a level that interferes with another sky setting.  You can't  change the height from ground for the levels as far as I know -- YOU have to conform. 

I did just what you describe with no issues so it certainly is possible and easy.  Maybe you need to explain exactly what you are trying to do that isn't getting accomplished.  

There are five different options for setting skies, so you can have a different look for the sky at different altitudes, like if you wanted a different sky outside your skybox than at ground level.  I'm trying to work out how to change one of those higher levels.  Sky 4, to be precise, which is at 3000m altitude.

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am going to GUESS that you want "sky 4" to be at a level that interferes with another sky setting. 

Not interferes, just is different.  It's a feature of EEP that you can have different sky settings at different altitudes; I just haven't worked out how to make Sky 4 different from Ground, Sky 1, Sky 2, or Sky 3.

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Fimage.thumb.png.fbbe9a735063636593da41219550e121.png

Find or make the sky setting you want under SETTINGS (it is now an asset that can be passed to other folks or sold) and drag it over to the appropriate slot. 

Thank you; it was the dragging I hadn't worked out.  I'm aware it's an asset :)  That was a tremendous selling-point of EEP when it was still in beta.  I'll give it a shot when I get home to my computer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah no, this doesn’t work for me at all….what was the selling point of this crap again? That you can drag and drop and the eep would magically appear for everyone to see and not just you? 
The eep I have in there isn’t even the ones I’m currently using (I use right-click add to parcel method) and when I go to change the eep under region environments, it doesn’t change at all. It’s so stupid and highly aggravating. I would love to change my 3000m eep but can’t. 

Edited by Chris Nova

On 11/22/2021 at 5:33 PM, Chris Nova said:

The eep I have in there isn’t even the ones I’m currently using (I use right-click add to parcel method) and when I go to change the eep under region environments, it doesn’t change at all. It’s so stupid and highly aggravating. I would love to change my 3000m eep but can’t. 

I just tested in Firestorm viewer. Dragging EEP setting from inventory to "About Land, Environment" works for me.
Note: You must drag onto the text, like in this example onto the A-9AM, not onto the blue marker in front of the text.

Setting-Parcel-Environments.gif.09a8037ae8c0674741f6bf56f139e48d.gif

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.