AriaRo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone, 

So I haven't been on Second life for a few months, and for the past few days since i have been logging in on the Firestorm Viewer more than HALF of my inventory items are gone . I used to have about 60,000 items .. and now its showing me only around 14,000. Landmarks, folders, lost and found .. all gone !!! when I first logged in my saved outfits were gone as well . 

I tried logging in with the default Second Life viewer and EVERYTHING works just fine there !! 

I am so confused.. and not sure what to do next ? I cleared cache ! I deleted and re-installed and firestorm viewer .. I have the latest update and all ..  so so frustrated ! :< 

would be very happy if someone can solve this damn mystery  🙌

3 answers to this question

Inventory is actually stored on LL's servers, so you (most likely) are not actually missing anything. But Firestorm's inventory cache on your local computer has gotten corrupted.

Normally clearing your cache, and certainly re-installing the viewer, should fix this. However, it's possible your efforts have missed the actual inventory cache.

Try all the steps at this link: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

If you decide to do another install, follow the instructions here to insure all of the old installation is removed: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install?s[]=clean&s[]=install

The easiest way to calm your fears is to log in with the Linden view and see if your items are there. Most likely it is a corrupt file. It is always good to have an alternate viewer to check things against.  If the folders are there and the inventory not there --- then most likely it is that small file you need to copy from one viewer to another. This is towards the bottom of the page  Lindal pasted in.  

All that being said, you can REALLY lose inventory here.  Many of us can attest to that. So keep that in mind.  Also, and this doesn't have much to do with your issue. I did some tests last week when some of my inventory went missing and the SEARCH function in the inventory pane isn't working well at all. So don't trust that.  You can search for things that are definitely there and they will not show up. I had many cases of that when my items went missing.    

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.