Fuzzy blurry textures

Camelia Despres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I had to delete the Secondlife folder out of both:

C:\Users\You\AppData\Local

C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming

Then, of course, you will have to redo all your Preference settings when you log back in. Oh, and for me it took a good 5 minutes for all the textures around me to load. After that, I was fine tho.

Hello Camelia. In addition Medhue's answer, i underline that if you clear your cache manually, you will lose you will lost all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

Also you need to restart your computer also. Relog in a protected land (Smith, Lime, Aqua), open your inventory, type something in search there and wait fetching all your items till the last one. That means you download, you get back your inventory.

When textures in SL load, they never do it in one, single step. That would be too much for most people's graphics cards to handle and they would never see much at all. Instead, textures load in four stages. Each one is a bit more detailed and less blurry than the last one.  The first couple of stages usually take only a few seconds for most people, but the last one can take up to a few hours sometimes.  Once a texture is completely loaded and saved in your cache, of course, it never has to go through the initial stages again until you clear cache and start all over. 

Anyway, if you have a slow graphics card or if it has to handle a lot of textures all at once, it make take a while to complete even the first couple of stages, so things will look blurry longer than you might like.  You can help things a bit by lowering your draw distance to something like 64m.  Or you can try using the Phoenix viewer, which includes an option to load new textures gradually in batches instead of rezzing them all at the same time.  Or you can invest in a more powerful graphics card.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.