I want a character makeover

SimplyJiwoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe you can go about it this way... just an idea... 

1. Pay $L1,000 to have someone put together a new avatar according to your specifications using only demos. This person has to visit various skin, hair, shape, etc. stores and create an avatar on their own account for your approval. The price might have to be more or less depending on how complex you want the avatar.

2. If they show you an avatar that you want for yourself, then you pay them another $1,000 to get information on what stores to visit and what parts to get in order to recreate the avatar.

3. You buy all the parts for yourself, maybe demos first just to be sure, and then buy the real items.

The pricing may have to be negotiated. I have no idea what would be a good amount.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I have no idea what would be a good amount.

It depends on what you're after.

An alternative which is probably much more straight-forward is to buy a shape off the marketplace (or an in-world store), making sure that you buy one which:

• Appeals to you.
  • Includes style card (most do, as far as I'm aware, but some do explicitly say that they do contain them - the style card is the 'golden ticket' here; it'll tell you which body, head, skin, etc, the shape is shown on in the advert).
  • Isn't photoshopped to Hell and back (if they need to graft skin and distort the shape in the advert, it's not going to be up to snuff in reality).

Buying shapes does mean that there might be someone else out there who looks the same, but as you dress up and change eyes and makeup and hair and all that, the shape just forms the foundation (and, if you get a modifiable shape - which, you absolutely should - you can tweak it as you go).

Hiring a person in SL can be dirt cheap. If someone says they'll do your wedding pics for the upload prices and tips, chances are they'll do your wedding pics via using their phone to take pictures of their monitor (yes, it's something people do) - but it can also cost quite a bit (I've seen photographers charge L$7K for a profile pic - who actually had a portfolio pretty stuffed of commissioned pics). 

Designing an avatar from scratch is a very lengthy process, but the thing with a custom job is also that you can't really replicate it - same as photography, if you take landscape pics and sell as art, that's something you can distribute to any number of people, but a profile pic and a custom shape are similar in that it isn't something you can just toss up on the MP to resell (you could with a shape, but I for one wouldn't do it without the explicit consent of whoever commissioned it - that's sort of the deal with commissioned work; you create something for them, not for anyone else. Same goes for custom tattoos and the like).

• Like 2

The risk of buying a shape with a notecard, is that items shown may be pulled from the market, so the notecard points to stuff not for sale anymore.

I do not know if it is possible to see the date products is posted on the Marketplace. If it is reviews, I read them and look at the date. If it was a shape 2-3 years old, the first review was posted let us say 2018, I would be skeptical. If it is good reviews from 2020 - 2021, then it is a good sign that the look will be easy to recreate.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 6:02 AM, SimplyJiwoon said:

Hello, i am looking for someone who can do over my character and apply everything, I'm willing to pay any amount 

I can help you with that. No payment required other than you are using the lindens to buy yourself stuffs. :]

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.