Gothic Lolita Fashion!

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So everyone! Let's see all of your gothic lolita dresses and outfits! Let us know where you found it :matte-motes-inlove:(or keep it a secret :smileymad: )!

Here is one of mine from Kumano Mori! Hair is from Junwave! Skin by Curio!

gothiclolita.png

Ah! Took these pics of my SL sister - she loves this style!  I will have to check the credits (clothes, hair, location...) if anyone is interested let me know, the first is more steampunk Lolita... the second more goth (dress is made of bones!) but still a steampunk setting...

doll 8_007.png

steam 3_003.png

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Very cute
:)
It would also be interesting to know how you go about finding gothic lolita outfits, seeing that LL made it near impossible to advertise this utterly harmless fashion.

Open search and type in lolita, they unblocked the word years ago. (loli is still blocked)

Edit to stay on topic:

Lolita Dress_003.png

I just noticed that gothic lolita and steampunk borrow fashion from the Victorian era but are not limited to it. There are a few stores that carry a lot of dresses in the GL style that I'm aware of in SL. Some are by Japanese avatars which makes them doubly hard to find. But you can actually find things in all sorts of clothing stores in SL.

Lolita fashion was originally a modernized version of the French Baroque and Rococo styles with a little bit of the British Regency, Victorian, and Edwardian styles mixed in. You can still see that in Classic and Ama lolita styles, Mary Magdalene and Baby the Stars Shine Bright are good examples. Gothic lolita branched off and mixed in with western gothic styles tho so it can look quite different from a traditional lolita dresses.

Here's one I found on another alt, the dress is by Envious, Hair - Zero Style, Skin - Gala Phoenix, I had to give her different boots because the ones that came with the dress are like neko-style stockings. These are black latex stockings from Hugo's Designs with some sculpted pumps.

gothic lolita envious.png

And here's another from Kumano Mori. Different Gala Phoenix skin and an old Naughty Designs hair.

gothic lolita pink kumano mori.png

I'd also like to mention another store called Umi Usagi - Rabbit Kiss. I'll try to get a pic up later!

• 2 weeks later...

Sion, that looks awesome! Maybe I'll go to Bare Rose again. I'm afraid of giant walls though!

Iris, I like that article. You've been holding back. I'm going to visit all those stores mentioned.

And Squashy, Looking really good but.. what about the front! Hmmm. I think I have some of those wind-up keys in my inventory.

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.