Basic question - but how can I quickly turn my Avatar 180 degrees?

BillyFlynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

llSetAnimationOverride()

• When this function is used to override the Walking animation, the avatar can no longer walk backward - attempting to do so causes the avatar to turn around. Presumably this is because there's no way to specify a "walking backwards" animation, so actually moving backwards while your legs are moving forward would look wrong.

At first I thought it was a bug not a feature, but it's quite handy if you need that.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyFlynn said:

I use a MAC.  is there a quick and easy way to turn my AVI exactly 180 degrees on the same spot?

could do this with a Mac keyboard macro. I don't have a Mac so can't say what the details of the how-to are, other than googling for it

the viewer visual endpoint of the turn might not always be perfect looking, due to lag. But I think it could be got close enough in most circumstances

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well...If your camera is in the default position behind your avatar, and you right click yourself and choose Edit Outfit, your avatar will turn 180 degrees to face you.

Tried that.  But then the camera zooms out a bit, and he stands in a 'arms out pose'. 

What I am trying to acheive is when i say walk in to somewhere, or into say a backdrop for a photo (with my camaera behind my avatar as he walks into that spot), i then want to keep the camera in the same position, but easily turn him around 180 on the spot I have stopped at - preferably with one click. 

I Just thought there might be a simple 'turn around on spot' button?

I find using the arrow keys (the usual  way to turn) I can of course turn him, but i find that is a bit hit and miss in turning him exactly 180.  Especially in laggy locations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.