Maitreya 5.3 Save Stick

Mollymews

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

does any one know if is possible to communicate with the Maitreya 5.3 Body in the same way as the Maitreya 5.3 Save Stick does ?

in My Outfits I have different feet type depending on outfit. Some flat, some high

i can save this info in a Save Stick. Include the Save Stick as an attachment with My Outfit.  Change to My Outfit, the Save Stick attaches to my HUD. Touch the Save Stick, press Load All and my feet are flat/high as wanted

or I can just use the Maitreya HUD to change my feet style

both of these processes require me to press buttons, when I change outfits

what I would like is when I attach a Maitreya Save Stick or MyOwn Save Stick, it communicates this info OnAttach. So my feet style change automagically when I change My Outfit (setting aside the scripting/polling issues of this for the moment)

basically what I really want to know is does anyone know the channel and message format for the Maitreya Body, so I can make my own automagic OnAttach Change-My-Feet save stick

Edited by Mollymews

4 answers to this question

In the Maitreya Shop,  one of the dev kits is  Maitreya Mesh Body - Feet Auto-Select V5.

Is what is used to automagically set the foot angle.  It sets the foot angle the same in both feet at one time, no option currently to handle each foot seperate.  

It's a script with a setting notecard to 'program' the angle: flat, mid, etc..

When you 'Program' an object using that package,  it deletes the notecard, but that is okay.    If you put something else in that object it 'wipes' the 'programed' angle,  thus indicative of a change inventory contents 'blah blah' in the auto foot angle script,  that is okay too, because it works in a child prim.  

So given that,  the trick to implement that which you are describing is as follows:

Some HUDs for Automagic Foot Angling (And nothing explodes if the shoe already has the script in it too.  This becomes useful in a moment)  

1) Make 5 Two Prim Objects, I use as name scheme Maitreya Feet Angle //  1) Flat, and so on.

2) Program the Child Prim with the Foot-Angle Script Stuff

3) Make and install in Each Root Prim your own script that allows:

A) Detach on Touch

B) Detach automatically after about 5 mins -> thus giving time to save with an outfit and it falls off automagically later anyway.  ;)

https://gyazo.com/5926c9e0214d3f5e18efe70c814becb3   (Use one of those for a shoe)

But... Since height off the ground is from using the system shoe/foot shaper thing  (Gee!  So many different words for that one thing.. but anyway)

4) In your own Root Prim Script,  the make the HUD fall off automatically one, include as appropriate:

A)   Add a Foot Shaper via #RLV folder stuff

or....

b)   Remove the Foot Shaper via RLV stuff.

For those I use the name scheme Maitreya Feet Shape //  1) Flat, etc

https://gyazo.com/ee03c2889e8a08eabc6ce192272d24cb  (Use one of those for a shoe)

Edited by KathrynLisbeth
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

If the feet "states" were separate attachments like the add-ons and layers, there wouldn't be a need for extra UI, steps or scripts. 😕

It would also reduce complexity. I see far too many mesh bodies still using all foot states in the same linkset or the same link.

i would not disagree with this. Just say that as product users what we have is what there is, and we do what we can to work round the shortcomings as best suits our needs/wants

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.