Sudden stop

ArnOokami

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I go to start up SL it goes threw the steps then when it gets to "initializing VFS" It doesn't freeze the box just simply disappear, and nothing is shown in the task bar. When I go to try again it says its running. I have to end processes to get it to stop "Running" I considered waiting to see if it was taking a long time to load but it seems like that's not the case here. I have read threw several forums where "initializing VFS" froze and I have tried many of the solutions such as uninstaling/reinstalling, restarting computer, Empty cachemanually, and even checked my video card. Everything was running fine till I logged off to run to the store and when I came back this all started. Please help! I have been going nuts for the past few hours trying to fix this problem. 

Hello Arn. If you have more than 1 viewers installed in your computer, you must clear manually cache for all of them to fix your issue. For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

Indeed that you log out first and you restart your computer first and after the program. Also you can power down your modem / router for 2-3 mins. Usually it helps also.

To avoid to lose all your private conversations which are saved in your computer (although i think it is late now but have it in mind for next time), copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.