SL Costume contest rules

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:51 PM, LilithServil said:

Idk it's just disappointing tbh. There's nothing saying designers shouldn't be able to enter (I'm a skin maker after all) but something feels super off about someone making a single one-piece item, winning 25kL and then selling said item for even more L too. Kind of a big slap in the face to everyone who actively went out spending L putting their costume together from individual pieces or using certain accessories in creative ways, doesn't it? Why bother putting something big together when the winner is just going to be a single clothing piece from a designer?

Excatly!... I would not have bothered if I knew the winner was someone who literally MADE their costume.. when the rules said "put together" that is not what I had in mind.

40 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I think it’s cute people actually thought they had a shot. Of course the winner was chosen on a bias. As are the photos of the day. You did not have a chance. 

Which is why it's pretty scummy to offer a large expensive prize and specifically word the rules in a way to make it seem like... Oh, I don't know, people are supposed to put their outfit together with multiple items themed after Halloween, then choose the winner solely because they meshed an outfit (which btw looks very very similar to other outfits in the store even down to the colors).

It gets especially dicey when you consider they were also advertising the Halloween shopping events for people to go get costume pieces at in the same vein. "Go buy L and spend L to put your costumes together (but remember, no purchase necessary according to the rules 🤪) while we pick a popular creator to win" is what it boiled down to in the end. It wouldn't have been a problem at all if the winner was more fairly picked because then everyone truly would have had a shot. Or at the very least, it would have felt that way and not been so blatant.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.