Land Crashers

candycane Amulet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

how can someone  get help with people  who crash  sims and on a regular bases? i know u can report  them, and write as many tickets that you  want , i mean i have done that  but yet  nothing is ever done,  these people are disrupting  my Business  and making it very hard  to keep a business opened,  my land owners have also reported  the issue as well , and also  got the sim  moved to a different server  to see if  that would help, but sadly it didnt, these people  also have tools that  crash a sim remotely (Aka DDoSing just in case some didnt know  what it was called). i have written countless reports  but  yet  nothing i am just  getting very tired of this and getting  really tired of  getting no  help with the issue 

6 answers to this question

we are residents of the forum, LL staff rarely come around, and since this is an abuse issue, it has to be submitted through the viewer,  each report is checked, LL might be taking action, but LL is not going to tell or reveal that to us,   also moving to a different server will not do much,  it just makes it change host instances on aws, but aws does have very good anti ddos protections in place, so there is another method they are using to crash the sim, if that's what is happening, crashing the simulator on the instance would be very hard to do since these are virtual based aws instances now, they would almost come right back up with little hiccups,   are the clients crashing or is the land being crashed?

"this region is having trouble" or do you get another error message when these happen?   there are not many vectors now to bring down sims like the old days.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:18 AM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

we are residents of the forum, LL staff rarely come around, and since this is an abuse issue, it has to be submitted through the viewer,  each report is checked, LL might be taking action, but LL is not going to tell or reveal that to us,   also moving to a different server will not do much,  it just makes it change host instances on aws, but aws does have very good anti ddos protections in place, so there is another method they are using to crash the sim, if that's what is happening, crashing the simulator on the instance would be very hard to do since these are virtual based aws instances now, they would almost come right back up with little hiccups,   are the clients crashing or is the land being crashed?

"this region is having trouble" or do you get another error message when these happen?   there are not many vectors now to bring down sims like the old days.

Sadly, there are still many internal and even external ways of crashing a region.

LL has been aware of these for years as they are sometimes mentioned on the jira and in the server meetings, but LL has yet to implement fixes for them.

Yes, there were far more ways in years/decades past, but many still exist to this day.

15 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Sadly, there are still many internal and even external ways of crashing a region.

LL has been aware of these for years as they are sometimes mentioned on the jira and in the server meetings, but LL has yet to implement fixes for them.

Yes, there were far more ways in years/decades past, but many still exist to this day.

Ah, I've not seen anything as of late that can take down an aws instance easily.   something I must not be a part of then if I'm not seeing them lol

4 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Ah, I've not seen anything as of late that can take down an aws instance easily.   something I must not be a part of then if I'm not seeing them lol

Do you leave Luskwood much? 😉

If so, do you frequent the "combat" & weapons testing oriented places in SL?

What about public sandboxes or infohubs?

IE, places where griefing is most common.

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Do you leave Luskwood much? 😉

<yes! kinda? maybe?  I'm on my home parcel in lionheart after like 10pm slt>

If so, do you frequent the "combat" & weapons testing oriented places in SL?

<god it's been 13 years since I visited one of those, so nope>

What about public sandboxes or infohubs?

<I am not that brave>

IE, places where griefing is most common.

XD

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.