::Maschienenwerk:: Free Fashion

Cio Koba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This was a great shop for nubies, or, if you didnt want to spend money on decent clothing. Does anyone know if it still exists? the LM I have is outdated. Anyway can you tell me any good quali free clothing shops you know?

It's moved to adult land and rebranded as Uboro. Jacki updated me on that. There is a SLurl in one of the topics in Avatar or Fashion forum...I'll find it later if you haven't by then.

I was there the other day. The shoes are all group gifts now, the avatars are for sale, and there were no clothes in the shop.

Offhand I don't know of any place with nothing but free things that are new, other than Fab Free's HQ in world. And those don't have many things for male avatars.

Exile has nice free hair for men, three styles on the freebie wall. Heaven's Gate Neo has a few things - eyes, AO, clothes, skins. That's just offhand. Hope that helped.

There are so many things on Marketplace for free and 1L to 25L, and I've seen lots of stuff that's free or nearly free on MARKETPLACE.  Marketplace is not inworld nor rezzed; it's right here on this website; just  click shopping.  The way to get to the 0 to 10 linden search is to scroll low enough and then hit "see all categories" and then you can search for male items that are 0 to 10 linden, and so on in price. I narrow my search down so much by searching first with the female it gets rid of male 0 to 10 linden things I have no need of.  They have incredible searching tools here... click on shopping to try to start searching. 

I can narrow my search down to getting 1 linden earrings, bracelets, all kinds of things. 

ETA:  Exact way to pull up searching menu for shopping on Marketplace right here on the SL main home page is this:

Don't click community forums, click shopping... then marketplace, then to the left side on the Marketplace page look to the left and find "see all categories" this will bring up your pricing search such as a 0 to 10 linden search.  Then to refine further; for an example hit the word apparel, then chose "men's" and then you will be searching for men's items for 0 to 10 lindens.  And you can even refine your search further and all kinds of way.  It's so cool; let me know if you found it.  I hope so.

An fyi though is that Marketplace sends your items to you the next time you log into SL (inworld viewer).  You get your items delivered in boxes.  Take all boxes when you log into SL and then drag boxes to the ground (if u have no home, u need to go a sandbox area) and right click on the box and then chose OPEN and then that will bring up another menu of what u want to do such as copy to inventory or copy and wear.  When all done and items are in your inventory you can chose take to put it back in your inventory or delete if items are not copyable just to u in case u want to make outfit folders. 

The only bad thing about shopping on Marketplace is your items won't get delivered if you crash on your SL inworld log in even though it will say items have been delivered from the SL Marketplace.  To help avoid this:  Don't checkout from marketplace until you make sure SL is behaving and letting you in on your first log in to SL viewer.  Your checkout in Marketplace will save your items stored for a long time so you don't need to checkout immediatly.  Also, a couple of helpful hints don't checkout from Marketplace and then log into SL viewer at the times your spyware is running or if you haven't rebooted if your computer updating anything and so on.  In other words, make sure SL and your computer is working all good, then checkout your items from Marketplace to avoid a delivery failure. 

p.s.  sorry Melita I was not replying to you... I hit the wrong reply button. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually, a few of the clothes and shoes from Masch. do live on... They are in a little building on a sim called "Hyades", location called "Santo"... look up the profile of Eetu Dezno (the owner) and look in his picks.  They dont have very much, but they do have the nice "Chucks" shoes, a few pairs of boots, some Jeans, a few things for men.  Have some skins and compete avi's too, but those aren't free.

- Jaysin

Mayalily wrote:

They have incredible searching tools here...

Yes, just this morning I managed to get three completely different sets of results in under a minute, using exactly the same search query words.  Incredible indeed.

Mind you it's not as incredible as the inworld search....That's so "incredible" it steals the credibility cake, feeds it to a cat, waits for the cat to puke it back up, serves it on a silver platter and then adds a little swizzle stick with a note sticking to it that says "your mamma".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.