My avatar is grey from the neck down?

Taya Carver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Has been like this for the past 5 hours. I have tried rebaking, character tests (Numerous times), Clearing cache and inventory cache. I am only grey from the neck down once I put on clothes. I have tried different clothes, still same result. Other people see me as grey from the neck down as well.

Thanks Peggy for your help! I am still having this problem after trying your solutions :\

I have an Alienware Aurora R-3, Windows 7, 8GB Ram, Intel Dual Core 2.87 processor Nvidia GTX 460 Graphics.

2 answers to this question

Delete your texture folder manually from your computer.  Reset both your modem and router (if you have one in your home network).  Log into one of the Linden Lab supported sims (Pooley, Smith, Aqua, etc).  Other than that I can't think of any other things to do without some computer specifications from you.

Try starting over with a new factory-fresh avatar.  Use your Advanced menu (CTRL + D) if you are in any viewer except V2 or your Develop menu (CTRL + Q) if you are using V2. Select Character >> Character Test >> Test Female.  That will replace your avatar with a brand new avatar, complete with a lovely polkadot dress. You will need to drag your favorite shape, skin and atachments onto the new avatar to get back to looking like yourself, but the gray body should be gone.  (I hope.)  BTW, I keep a folder in my own inventory labeled Emergency ME that contains my backup shape, skin, clothes, hair, HUDs, and so forth for exactly this sort of situation. I can rebuild my av in less than 5 seconds flat. :smileytongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.