Bjor's Avatar Thread (And first topic too)...

BjorJlen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, I am feelin a bit better so I'm back to work on my avatar, so first things first. Before I work on the body tuning, I want to try and fix my eye issue. Here is another picture showing you my eyes...

93c8d3c23aeb9a17aca39c3244dcfd2c.jpg

As you can see he is wearing the Grey Colorable Eyes that has the symbol of two eyes in the list, but nothing else atm for the eyes. First, is this what you meant @Marianne Little about having an 👁️ symbol, because I am a bit confused. You see, once I wore them, I can't seem to remove them at all; I can only replace them with another set of symbol like eyes (is this normal?). And having looked at both Lelutka folders (EON & Paxton) in the Mesh Head, I do not see any such eyes with that symbol. Only the eyes that have the "box" symbol on it. And when I click on it, not only do the first eyes not disappear, the "new" ones appear along with the other set, yet need to have their position adjusted accordantly.
   I would think just detaching the other set would solve the issue (maybe?), but they can only be replaced with another set. In addition, while the symbol like eyes (the Grey Colorable Eyes) say they can be colored in it's title, I haven't a clue how to do it lol. Also, when I click on one of the box eye sets in that list, none of them come close to the violet color I want. Sorry if this is confusing for me, but it's a bit frustrating lol. Something I would think would be simple to figure out just eludes me sadly. 🙄 Well, I'll continue to fiddle with it until I figure it out, get some more assistance for this poor smuck lol, move onto figuring out the body sliders, or screaming in frustration lolol (jk)...

On 10/27/2021 at 3:31 AM, Nick0678 said:

Tweak your shape sliders a bit (fix your avatar waist etc.)

Thanks for the reply @Nick0678, and a good point (as I can see that the pelvis where it meets the leg joints does need adjusting), but would you have any specific idea's on not only how to do this (for times sake), and/or any particular settings I should have it at? 😁

Peace...

29 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

As you can see he is wearing the Grey Colorable Eyes that has the symbol of two eyes in the list, but nothing else atm for the eyes. First, is this what you meant @Marianne Little about having an 👁️ symbol, because I am a bit confused. You see, once I wore them, I can't seem to remove them at all; I can only replace them with another set of symbol like eyes (is this normal?). And having looked at both Lelutka folders (EON & Paxton) in the Mesh Head, I do not see any such eyes with that symbol. Only the eyes that have the "box" symbol on it. And when I click on it, not only do the first eyes not disappear, the "new" ones appear along with the other set, yet need to have their position adjusted accordantly.
   I would think just detaching the other set would solve the issue (maybe?), but they can only be replaced with another set. In addition, while the symbol like eyes (the Grey Colorable Eyes) say they can be colored in it's title, I haven't a clue how to do it lol. Also, when I click on one of the box eye sets in that list, none of them come close to the violet color I want. Sorry if this is confusing for me, but it's a bit frustrating lol. Something I would think would be simple to figure out just eludes me sadly. 🙄 Well, I'll continue to fiddle with it until I figure it out, get some more assistance for this poor smuck lol, move onto figuring out the body sliders, or screaming in frustration lolol (jk)...

Thanks for the reply @Nick0678, and a good point (as I can see that the pelvis where it meets the leg joints does need adjusting), but would you have any specific idea's on not only how to do this (for times sake), and/or any particular settings I should have it at? 😁

Peace...

Glad to hear you are feeling better today, Bjor.

The reason you are seeing a box icon besides the Lelutka eyes is because you are probably using the Firestorm viewer. So no worries here, everything is alright.

There are a few body parts that cannot be unworn, eyes being one of them. So again, no worries here, everything is behaving as expected.

If you want to use mesh eyes, when you wear the eyes that come with the Lelutka heads (either Eon or Paxton), you get "double" eyes. The way to fix this is to wear an alpha mask that will hide the original eyes and only expose the one that you added from the Lelutka head. The Lelutka head comes with a different number of alpha layers; the right one to use depends on if you are using BOM or not for your mesh body and mesh head. In my particular case, I'm using the eyes that come with my Lelutka head and both my mesh head and mesh body are set to use BOM; in this configuration, the right alpha layer to wear to make the avatar look right (i.e., solve the double eye problem) is "+ ALPHA ( BOM Head + Body - APPLIER EYES )".

Hope this helps with the eye issue.

Ok folks, here's a quick update for you.
   I was in game tonight working on trying to figure out my avatar, when @Echelon Alcott sent me a IM. So talking for a bit, for the next hour (or two?), he helped me figure out things a LOT faster then otherwise, and as such I can say that the body of BjorJlen is now good enough for me to begin shopping for clothes. It is far from perfect, such as my eyes (which both of us couldn't figure out entirely) for example (not being violet as of yet), but it is defiantly an improvement! 😁 In addition, he gave me a list of stores that have clothes for Gianni that I can buy, so I am going to be going window shopping very, very soon tonight too.
   Gotta say that I am getting excited that this little project of mine is coming along faster then I thought it would. And that's all because of you great folks, and especially Echelon who was very kind enough to help me in game tonight. Oh and @Nick0678, I did indeed figure out how to adjust it's body, and after some fine tunning I think he looks very buff & the stuff lol. He's no Hulk Hogan, but then again, I never wanted to be. :) Anywho, once I get some clothes together, I will post a screenshot or two (either here or in another section like the "Make Friends" one), but in either case I wanna thank you all for your kind assistance and valuable help. If you want, please feel free to send me a IM and or friend invite even. Until then...

Peace...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, now that I have bought a few clothes, I am ready to post some images of my new avatar (as it stands now). Sorry there are five of them, but I wanted to show off his "good or passable" looks (I hope). Please let me know what you all think (especially if he would turn some heads in a good way, or even get hit on seeing as that seems to happen a lot in SL lol). And so without further adu, BjorJlen... 😁

dadb8ade09a5594ef85adf9a0c03c901.png

40c9490604935fc289a6a67a3ea6f371.jpg

Now with clothes on (Thank God, right 😁)...

4970b1404480fad57f8a10199745b2ef.png

ede46a2283db5373d866f2c95b85b70a.png

09feb7a7223797d682e48db192fcb500.jpg

So there ya go folks; Bjor in all his psudo glory. He still needs work I think (like I STILL want him to have violet eyes that just pop), but I believe it's a good start (if not almost end). And before you ask, yes I do have other pants & a few jackets for him (so far). I wanna buy him more Gianni clothing of course, but me thinks I'm gonna need a nice lady (or guy) with a good sense of style to lead him around and play "dress up" with him lol. Might be fun. So let me know what you all think of him so far. :)
   (If only I had the courage to post his look(s) in another section of the forums, like the lifestyles or general forums section, as not many who travel there look in the avatar section. lol)

Peace...

Edited by BjorJlen
  • Like 4

I am using my "Clarity" eyes just to demonstrate.

How to use the Violet eyes:

Take off all eyes with a box symbol you are wearing. Make sure you are not wearing any alpha layer for the eyes. Add and open the / HUD / lel EvoX from the head folder. Click and open the eyes page.

Wear the IKON 'Sunrise' Eyes - Violet with an eye symbol. You see there are different sizes. Try the M size first. You can try smaller or larger. They may not look "right", sit higher or cross-eyed. For me, they are cross-eyed. I do not like it. (1)

Wear the / EYES / lel Evo X from the head folder. (The box system is right) Now the eyes may look even worse... Both cross-eyes and too low. We fix that in the next step. (2) Make sure "Bakes on mesh" is activated and red.

Look at the "Eyes" page in the Lelutka HUD. Almost at the bottom, you can see a circle with arrows pointing up, down and to the sides.

Start to use the arrows. Clicking on the "up" arrow moves my eyes down. Clicking on the left arrow moves then away from the nose, so you are not cross-eyed. Look at the image so you can see how I have set them. The arrows I have used have another color. (3) You may have to move the arrows a bit more or less, depending on how you want your eyes to look.

The arrows does not work if you take off the / EYES / lel Evo X.

Clarity collage.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure you want help with clothes? I would dress you as I like to see my alts, and I think you should be you.

I have sent you "Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim" inworld. This is a bright, clear light that does not give you the shadows on your face. As you can see in my closeups, I use that one. Click on it and apply only to yourself.

I think you should post in the "How does your avatar look today" thread. It is you, and you should be yourself, not a clone of what someone want you to look. :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Oh and @Nick0678, I did indeed figure out how to adjust it's body, and after some fine tunning I think he looks very buff & the stuff lol. He's no Hulk Hogan, but then again, I never wanted to be.

You did a very good job, well done. Just a tip go to avatar appearance > edit shape and move the torso length slider a bit  to the right.

Screenshot_2021-10-29_12-33-41.thumb.png.127b2ddf2b455bf026045ba13e94e8fd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thank you all for your quick replies. :) 

Marianne, thank you very much for the eye's you sent me and for your advice on how to use them (though due to the pictures maybe(?), I am unable to see your inventory list clearly at all when I zoom it in... all three become blurry and unreadable I am afraid), and thanks for the warning about your Alt sending me them and that it was you who did it and not some random person. :) When I log in after breakfast, I will check them out and try to make them work. 👍 Oh, and good advice on the lighting too that you also sent me (I would have never even have thought of using any lighting for my avatar at all actually, as I have never even heard of that feature before lol). I will also try it out as well.
   Hmmm... posting Bjor in the form you suggested... that is a interesting idea Marianne, I just might do that. The only thing that makes me hesitate automatically, especially in that section, is that nearly every other avatar picture appears to be very artistic, not to mention them using poses of some kind. I actually have no poses to speak of (nor even how to use them), but before I went to bed I went to the marketplace and did a quick search for them. There are so many of them I was both quite impressed and a little overwhelmed by the selection available. Because if I do take more picks of Bjor, in all honesty I would like him to be "posing" in some fassion, instead of just standing there looking like a clod or a tree lol. Any advice on that matter by chance?
   And oh, hey Nick... thank you for the complement to (and for the likes too @Rowan Amore & @Lillith Hapmouche). It took me a bit to adjust all the sliders, especially after switching to the Skyler shape that Marianne suggested (again thanks for that advice 👍), but I will defiantly check on it as soon as I log in. It is curently set to 45 I do believe, so I will set it to 75-76 like in your picture and see how it looks. Though I don't think I am going to get him any nipple rings as of yet (OUCH!!!), but tattoo's... yeah me thinks I am going to go search for some. Personally I don't have any in RL, but I think that Bjor might look ok with a few select ones.
   Besides the one he has on the front of his body (which I really don't like, for the most part cause it's green lol), he is also wearing a black phoenix type one on his back, which I actually do like a lot. There are a few very, very specific one's I would like to get for him, but I doubt very seriously that SL would have anything even remotely close to them. Plus I would want them in specific positions, and as of yet I haven't got a clue on how to do anything like that. Oh, and on a side note I got a question.
   Do any of you know where I could shop for some wings that actually animate while flying by chance? I have a set of golden feathered ones (they were free), but they just sit there and don't move. I think it would be cool to have Bjor wear a set of nice looking one's whenever he goes flying around lol. I have yet to check the marketplace, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask first. 😁 In either case, I'm gonna end this reply now so I can continue reading & replying to post's here on the forms while I eat breakfast. See ya soon...

Peace...

Ok, quick update here (again lol)...

I did happen to adjust my torso length as you suggested Nick, but I set it to 50 only as setting it higher sorta made him look... weird (you'll have to see it for yourself in game to let me know if I'm just imagining it or not lol). In addition though, as that thinned him out a bit more, I had to sorta give him more love handles just to thicken his torso out as a filler. It's not be I think...
   In addition, due to Marianne's great direction, I was FINALLY able to give Bjor violet eyes that actually work, without messing things up like I did last night when I tried to use the eyes BoM's. I am quite pleased with the results, though others would have to see him in game to let me know if they sit right & "pop" like I want them to. But in either case, that's another thing I can check off the box as far as this project goes. :D Thanks again all, and see you in game (hopefully)...

Peace...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Do any of you know where I could shop for some wings that actually animate while flying by chance? I have a set of golden feathered ones (they were free), but they just sit there and don't move. I think it would be cool to have Bjor wear a set of nice looking one's whenever he goes flying around lol. I have yet to check the marketplace, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask first. 😁 In either case, I'm gonna end this reply now so I can continue reading & replying to post's here on the forms while I eat breakfast. See ya soon...

Hey Bjor, take a look at the Starfire Angel Wings at Ali&Ego. They have great movements/animations and might be what you are looking for. Here are two shots of me wearing the demo.

211029Snapshot_002.thumb.png.647dc6769343f47bbec7b5dad38106bc.png211029Snapshot_001.thumb.png.9f932d5cfaca98c84abb45cec33e4d23.png

Edited by Echelon Alcott
  • Like 2

I am so happy that I could help you with the eyes, and I am glad you like the light setting. There are loads of them, literally! But let us start with one and you can always ask for more. In the Marketplace you search for EEP. It is many free and cheap ones. The one I sent you is part of an enormous set and all are free. "Nam's skin and prim" is one of the most common used in marketing and closeup pictures. ;)

Now you can buy other eyes if you want them brighter or darker, because you know how to change them. I did not send you eyes from the IKON mainstore since they had no "send as gift" option. I had to use some others than the ones I thought to buy.

I only use my stationary pc for "artistic" images and my laptop for everything else, and its graphic is not so good. But following the text was enough. :D

Buying posing animations is a good idea. I was going to suggest it, but I thought you had enough to do! Buy free or cheap ones from the Marketplace, and if you see some expensive ones, you should demo them in their store. If your shape is different from the model, your hands in particular can be buried in your body. You should also consider an Animation Override (AO) to get rid of the Linden stands. You will be overwhelmed there too, it is so many different ones and in all prices. The price may not indicate the quality. Only buy poses (static or AO) that say "Bento". Bento is what moves your fingers, and it is very nice on an AO, to tap your fingers, slowly open and close your hands, idle movements etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

Our friend Bjor got lots of love on his post in the avatar looks thread [link]. :)

Holy crap, did I! I never, ever expected to get that kind of positive reaction. It actually made my jaw drop lol. And to think... it's all because of you guys! :)

Peace...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Holy crap, did I! I never, ever expected to get that kind of positive reaction. It actually made my jaw drop lol. And to think... it's all because of you guys! :)

Peace...

It is not surprising... You have no idea about all people coming to the forum and asking for help. They receive lots of long and helpful answers, but never come back. It feels like wasted time. Many times I have thought "Why bother" and then someone like you come along.

Replying, reacting to feedback, showing images of how you are doing and having a good tone and cheerfulness. :)

It is your own positivity reflecting back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.