What scares you?

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Another thing that scares me, as I think of something to try and put the thread back on track because of feeling responsible for derailing it..

Walking alone from my jeep at night into the building where I work..It's one time where I feel most vulnerable, because I'm with out my side shooters..

I used to be able to bring them in, but the new company doesn't allow them.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Another thing that scares me, as I think of something to try and put the thread back on track because of feeling responsible for derailing it..

Walking alone from my jeep at night into the building where I work..It's one time where I feel most vulnerable, because I'm with out my side shooters..

I used to be able to bring them in, but the new company doesn't allow them.

Why does walking around without guns like 94% of global population does, scares you? You do know that out of 195 countries only 3 allow them (U.S.A, Mexico and Guatemala)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Why does walking around without guns like 94% of global population does, scares you? You do know that out of 195 countries only 3 allow them (U.S.A, Mexico and Guatemala)

Because I've been attacked before at night when I was younger and told myself, I'll never let it happen again..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nick0678 said:

I see, so its psychological.

I don't know why or care why others do it.. I just do it for the protection to even up the odds..

When I say younger, I didn't mean childhood.. I don't know how many indigenous American women they have in those other countries, but in ours we're the number one abducted out of all the rest in this country..

I got to live from the first time, so I'm not pushing my luck is all.

• Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't know why or care why others do it.. I just do it for the protection to even up the odds..

When I say younger, I didn't mean childhood.. I don't know how many indigenous American women they have in those other countries, but in ours we're the number one abducted out of all the rest in this country..

I got to live from the first time, so I'm not pushing my luck is all.

I suppose they are more interested in age and stuff like that when it comes to kidnapping. Wouldn't know, i am not part of some trafficking network or whatever.

So you are native american. NICE! ( i thought for more than a year that you were african american.  ..typical thing happening in Second Life)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

I suppose they are more interested in age and stuff like that when it comes to kidnapping. Wouldn't know, i am not part of some trafficking network or whatever.

So you are native american. NICE! ( i thought for more than a year that you were african american.  ..typical thing happening in Second Life)

I was just trying to get the thread off the covid derail I put it on.. I should have found something else that scares me I guess..

I sometimes make some looks that are a bit mixed, Also me living in chicago might have given that impression also.. Where I lived anyways..

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

And the oblivion of my consciousness upon death is a fairly close second.

The universe existed for billions of years before we were around. I imagine death will be much the same as what all that time before birth was like. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a new fear 😬The 'Friday Freakout' videos on YT...my heart rate shot up and I feel sick now...🤢 It's all footage of skydiving gone wrong, like parachutes not opening properly, or getting caught in plane doors, or people colliding with each other and being knocked out, or drifting near power lines...thankfully nobody was killed but I feel drained now 🥺 I wish I could stop watching them....there are hundreds...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2021 at 3:23 AM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Dying and going to Heaven.

I don't believe that Heaven as the cherry pickers envision it to be exists, nor would it be all that great a place to be, especially with the possibility of a ranking/classism system based on your mortal accomplishments.

One thing that frightens me in heaven -where I hope to end up- is the crowds. 

I hope there is provision for loners.
Edited by examining
  • Like 2

This scared the S*** out of me when I browsed the forum earlier this week.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:18 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I have a shotgun and handgun in my home in RL, i take them to the range once a month. I have NEVER fired them inside my home, yet i have them incase i need to protect my family.

I'm not critizising Drake for what he does. I'm sure he has good reasons. It was the way he said it - as if such an extraodrinary statement was the most natural thing in the world - that schocked me.

A regular citizen of a civilized country does not need arms for self protection of course; that's practically the definition of civilisation. How many of our internet friends and other good people in the world are in a situation where they can't take even something as basic as that (for most of us I hope) for granted?

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

I was very scared after last Thanksgiving when my disabled daughter texted me late Saturday night.  I didn't see the text til the following morning.  She wanted me to send her the link to her plane ticket to come home from visiting with her dad.  So I saw it when I got up and sent it to her and she did not reply. 

For 3 hours from the time I read her text until she arrived at our local airport and turned off airplane mode, I was terrified. I could not reach her. I called and texted and heard nothing from her and didn't know if she had managed to make her flight or not.  I experienced gut clenching fear and dread during that time.

It all ended happily.  I drove to the airport, hopeful and anxious, and waited in the cell phone parking lot.  She texted me and said, "Sorry, I had airplane mode on and didn't see you see your message".

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I'm not critizising Drake for what he does. I'm sure he has good reasons. It was the way he said it - as if such an extraodrinary statement was the most natural thing in the world - that schocked me.

A regular citizen of a civilized country does not need arms for self protection of course; that's practically the definition of civilisation. How many of our internet friends and other good people in the world are in a situationwhere they can't take even something as basic as that (for most of us I hope) for granted?

Well, when we lived on the second floor apartment, I went off to work at 6:30 AM and found 3 very scary looking houseless men sleeping in the front foyer. When they got belligerent and angry over me asking them politely to leave the building, i went back upstairs and called the police. They were forcefully removed by them.

Two months later the vacant first floor apartment was broken into by 20 college aged people and they threw a "house party" down there. Going so far as to light a fire on the top of the stove to cook with. Again, police called, people removed and arrested. 

A month after that the new fist floor tenants were raided by the police and arrested for running a drug lab and selling various drugs, renting women, and guns. 

The building was sold to a low income developer who is very good about security screenings. But i had the firearms not long after the first incident. I wasn't about to leave my wife and two small daughters home without protection. I have since had to leave my job and take care of my disabled wife due to insurance changes. 

My youngest is 17 now and a Blue Belt 3rd kup in Taekwondo. She has gotten several weapons as gifts from her instructors over the years. My eldest is a freshman in college and dorms there for the work week and comes home on weekends. Everyone knows how to use the firearms.

Sadly, we cant afford to move. So far, with the new owners of the building, it has been all quiet. Lets see what the new year brings. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChinRey said:

A regular citizen of a civilized country does not need arms for self protection of course; that's practically the definition of civilisation. How many of our internet friends and other good people in the world are in a situation where they can't take even something as basic as that (for most of us I hope) for granted?

In the US it is very commonplace and natural.  I have no idea what percentage of people own guns, but it is high and the people that own them generally have more than one.  You never know on any given trip to the grocery store who might have one in their pocket or purse. They are so common that you need to just assume that everyone in the store or on public transit or walking in the park is armed.  I know that is not the case anywhere else and most people find it quite shocking.  I am very uncomfortable being in public that last few years.  The big city nearest to me had record breaking deaths from gun violence last year.  Someone died every day from gunshots.  I regularly hear on the news that another street fight happened and hundreds of shell casings were recovered.  People get killed when stray bullets go through their walls while they sleep.  You are right to be shocked and scared.  I live here and I am.  I feel like if a gun is the only tool you have, then you will use it to solve every issue.  My small town is no different.  Most people are armed. Sometimes it is open carry and you can see the weapon other times the guns are concealed.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 7:08 PM, examining said:

One thing that frightens me in heaven -where I hope to end up- is the crowds. 

I hope there is provision for loners.

You'd no longer be a loner or frightened. That's what heaven is all about, giving you the ultimate in comfort, whatever you need, but you don't know yet what that will be until you go to the next world. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 3:42 AM, Marigold Devin said:

You'd no longer be a loner or frightened. That's what heaven is all about, giving you the ultimate in comfort, whatever you need, but you don't know yet what that will be until you go to the next world. 

If you say so.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.