What scares you?

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Does that mean all religions? That's a pretty broad brush to paint with. 

Yes, it means all religion. I'm a realist. I don't believe in fairy tales or "good" books in an effort to lie to myself and try to make myself feel better. You can be offended by that statement, and clearly you are. But i don't know what you want from me. I don't like religion or the idea of it. It is a method of manipulating sheeple. For example, i think praying is just lying to yourself out loud talking to an imaginary friend and afterwards consciously or unconsciously looking for confirmation and seeing it in the smallest details. And when that inevitably will happen, you will be so convinced that your prayer worked. And the best part, its an unfalsifiable fallacy. Wonderful.

If someone tells me in real life that they are religious, i'll tell them straight in their face: "Wonderful, don't talk to me about it. I won't take you seriously, at all."

So... (oh my freaking god...) I'm not making fun of anyone's fears here. Not trolling, or even being triggered, lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Karl Marx wrote that religion is the opiate of the masses but he didn't realize that without it people would use opiates as a religion. I'm fairly certain that religion is a built in need the majority will gyrate towards but left to their own devices, will manifest in many different ways but the bottom line being the need to worship something seen as more powerful then themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

It does, and it is fascinating in a sense to me but maybe i'm not susceptible for such things?

Perhaps not or maybe in denial that you use something or someone as a higher power to help you feel at peace after a rough day, week or year. Many people think that religion is anything that involves a G/god and don't realize it can be anything that someone uses to feel better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Perhaps not or maybe in denial that you use something or someone as a higher power to help you feel at peace after a rough day, week or year. Many people think that religion is anything that involves a G/god and don't realize it can be anything that someone uses to feel better. 

Well of course a G/god is a "painkiller" or comfort and on the surface there is nothing wrong with that. But isn't a real thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Well of course a G/god is a "painkiller" or comfort and on the surface there is nothing wrong with that. But isn't a real thing.

Well if that is your reality then fine, but you don't speak for everyone and there are plenty who disagree with you as their experience has convinced them that G/god is real. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

But this is not what an answer looks like.

What do you want me to say? How am i supposed to answer that? Under that single sentence you quoted is a complete explanation of what i meant by saying that. Seriously, what do you want from me? Are you looking for a gotcha? Are you dying to say "you're triggered" in a minute? What... What is it you want from me?

• Like 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Well if that is your reality then fine, but you don't speak for everyone and there are plenty who disagree with you as their experience has convinced them that G/god is real. 

Obviously i don't speak for everyone. Why would you even think that? Of course people will disagree with me. It would be boring if they didn't.

Let's make one thing clear here. I'm not trying to convince anyone of my ideas. I'm just sharing mine. You know... like people tend to do on forums...

3 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

What do you want me to say? How am i supposed to answer that? Under that single sentence you quoted is a complete explanation of what i meant by saying that. Seriously, what do you want from me? Are you looking for a gotcha? Are you dying to say "you're triggered" in a minute? What... What is it you want from me?

Have you considered that your disdain for religion might be tied to a desire to make yourself feel "special" because you don't believe in it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

@CaithLynnSayes I respect your opinion of your beliefs , I do think your delivery and attitude is a bit offensive.

As i said many times now. I don't intend to make anyone feel bad or hurt them or even offend them. But as i learned dwelling on these forums, if you have the unpopular opinion, you will be chewed up. Oh well. That's interesting in its own way, isn't it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.