How to Fix Entry Point Not Found?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's an internal coding error and doesn't look like it' a driver issue, there is an unresolved call in the code to something the coder expected to be linked, I suggest you raise a Jira, because even if a setting on one or other or your regions is causing this, the program shouldn't be splashing popups like this, it should be handling the error properly.

Alternatively use @ with one of the Lindens to bring this to their attention. Mazidox might be a good starter as they are well-known for catching bugs.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

30 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

First point of call should be uninstalling the viewer entirely, making sure all the files are gone from 'program files' and then installing it with a fresh download. (don't worry about clearing settings in appdata or the cache).

Um, maybe if I unplug my computer and plug it in again that should do the trick, too.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

That's an internal coding error and doesn't look like it' a driver issue, there is an unresolved call in the code to something the coder expected to be linked, I suggest you raise a Jira, because even if a setting on one or other or your regions is causing this, the program shouldn't be splashing popups like this, it should be handling the error properly.

Alternatively use @ with one of the Lindens to bring this to their attention. Mazidox might be a good starter as they are well-known for catching bugs.

The reason I said "driver" is because if you Google around on geek help desks you find mention of drivers. This is a Windows error that has various ransom ware to fix it but that won't fix something in the libsl library I suppose.

A clean reboot is rarely the way to fix an SL problem but yes, I clear cache, I do clean reinstalls, which is a nuisance as you first have to save the chat files because LL's download wipes out those folders. I don't see that this file is "out there" to just download and put in. So I guess I will file a ticket. I can't file a JIRA as I have been banned from the JIRA for like 10 years for reporting as a bug a behaviour that certain Lindens felt was a feature.

16 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I can't file a JIRA as I have been banned from the JIRA for like 10 years for reporting as a bug a behaviour that certain Lindens felt was a feature.

OK, I'd suggest in that case you get a friend who uses the same viewer to go around those regions, if they see the same errors then they can raise the Jira?

29 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

OK, I'd suggest in that case you get a friend who uses the same viewer to go around those regions, if they see the same errors then they can raise the Jira?

A Linden at the help desk suggested unchecking "Media Autoplay". I usually have that unchecked. But I unchecked it after the clean reboot to see maybe it will go away.

i got this error today on Linden Viewer Second Life Release 6.5.0.564805 (64bit)

it happened when I went to change the url on my attached scripted media radio player

llSetPrimMediaParams(0, [
                PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY, TRUE,
                PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, llList2String(stations,  i + i)]);

where stations url is: http://95.216.153.146:8040/dance98128kbps.mp3

when I type this url into my web browser (Firefox) the web page says:

"The connection has timed out

The server at 95.216.153.146 is taking too long to respond."

when I close the Linden Viewer error message box then the viewer doesn't break and I can change to another media url and they play fine. All my other stations are audacy.com urls, so I will just use those from now on, at least until there is a fix

Edited by Mollymews
attachd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i got this error today on Linden Viewer Second Life Release 6.5.0.564805 (64bit)

Not sure what to test here. That station URL worked fine as parcel audio for me, running that same Linden viewer. I could try it on MoaP but it also works pasted into Chrome and Edge (Firefox not installed now) so I must be missing the point.

1 hour ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Curious to know if it's just the LL viewer doing this or if any TPVs also do it? I can't test it because I have parcel media disabled.

it only started happening with the viewer

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/viewer/6.5.0.564805.html

which auto-installed on me yesterday

Prokofy probably got the same viewer as me

9 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Not sure what to test here. That station URL worked fine as parcel audio for me, running that same Linden viewer. I could try it on MoaP but it also works pasted into Chrome and Edge (Firefox not installed now) so I must be missing the point.

it happens with my attached media player. I can reproduce it while trying to use that url

mediaerror.png.d298133155956f44193f806c0f11f649.png

when I close both message boxes  then toggle my sound off and on, and then pick another url from my media player dialog then my other urls start playing and the viewer carries on as if nothing has happened

why I dunno

35 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

which auto-installed on me yesterday

I've been running the perrformance improvement viewer, I turned on media and gallivanted around but saw no errors.

I switched back to the officious official vewer which upgraded to 564172, and went round, again seeing no errors. I'm seeing what Qie's seeing, apparently Ok. Is this possibly something parcel/url specific?

Just now, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

I switched back to the officious official vewer which upgraded to 564172, and went round, again seeing no errors. I'm seeing what Qie's seeing, apparently Ok. Is this possibly something parcel/url specific?

i think is something to do with the url. My other urls from audacy.com work fine. I think Prokofy has also ran into a similar type of url. How similar I don't know

i have tried it on a number of regions. Idu, Lewis, Hanshin to name some. Same error everywhere I try

This might need further work as I tried the url Molly typed above into the Pi400 Chromium web browser out of curiosity, and it played at once, but when I had earlier tried it in the Firefox browser on the Windows machine it came up with "content not available in the EU" report. Qie was able to play it, I wasn't able to play it all all in the first few regions, it was only in the last sandbox that it actually opened up and gave me the error popups. It's looking like it's not just the url but the region in which the request is being made, as well as the type of browser/requesting app.

ETA

Tested,

( the URL now plays in the Firefox browser without the location error I got earlier.)

The following viewers played the url with no issues

Catznip R12.3

Firestorm 64531

Singlarity Beta 8419

SecondLife Performance viewer 564530

But...

The latest Linden viewer 564172 gave the crash.

The details of the error box that I forgot to expand earlier are

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    SLPlugin.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    614c5aeb
  Fault Module Name:    libvlc.dll
  Fault Module Version:    3.0.9.2
  Fault Module Timestamp:    002000a9
  Exception Code:    40000015
  Exception Offset:    000000000000b918
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    91eb
  Additional Information 2:    91eb63789ceb1b042f28b3e946a956ff
  Additional Information 3:    ad97
  Additional Information 4:    ad975bb7a47d10ab9caac2b5eba6e3c1

This does rather point the finger at something in the Linden code.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-231356

• Like 1

just some more info that I didn't think about at the time

that url I posted is I am pretty sure a Shoutcast link

Shoutcast have recently re-organised their business, and quite a few Shoutcast stations have been blocked where the station owner doesn't have a content licensing agreement to broadcast to a real world region

i used to get all my radios from Shoutcast, but lots of them stopped working for me. So i changed to another provider and that url was the last of the previous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.