What are these options? (Firestorm)

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

image.png.a9669699a5759d68a8cada9f567aac0d.png

What are these options? Why are they greyed out, and is there a way to keep people from actively using them? I've looked all over Preferences and there's no option to either turn these functions on or off. Can friends just teleport/cam to me wherever? I wouldn't want someone showing up while I'm butt-naked working on avatar mods lol, so I'd definitely like to know how these work exactly if anyone else knows.

3 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, LilithServil said:

image.png.a9669699a5759d68a8cada9f567aac0d.png

What are these options? Why are they greyed out, and is there a way to keep people from actively using them? I've looked all over Preferences and there's no option to either turn these functions on or off. Can friends just teleport/cam to me wherever? I wouldn't want someone showing up while I'm butt-naked working on avatar mods lol, so I'd definitely like to know how these work exactly if anyone else knows.

Friends would only be able to teleport to you under 2 conditions:  You are in the same region and thus would show in the region list of people or you gave them rights to Map you (know where you are).  They could only cam to you if they are in the same region as you are. Likewise, the Track only works in the same region.  There is no way to turn off any of those if you are in the same region, but you can turn of the map rights if you gave them, removing the ability for anyone not in the same region.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I'm not sure if applies to these features but with area search, you can't Zoom To if your draw distance is too low.  If an item is 60 meters away and your draw is 32, you'd have to raise it to at least 60 to zoom in on the item.  May or May not work with friends.  I've never tried it.

You can cam to people who are far out of your draw distance, as long as they are on your radar. I have teleported halfway across the grid and still been able to cam to avatars located at my former location, as long as the radar hasn't refreshed and deleted their names yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.