Hey my avitar never shows up

FaithAlenagothicfaerie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello. If you see your avatar like a cloud means that your avatar isn't fully loaded. I guess your have already tried  to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R.

Open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. After that, move to a region with less lag. Smith is a protected land which is recommended. There, try to change outfit. Choose one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Generally it is suggested every time you log in. If your inventory isn't fully loaded, you do nothing else.

If it doesn't work for you, test your avatar. In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female. If you see your avatar as a newbie, after you can change outfit wearing again your favorite one.

If the problem remain clear your cache: Menu Me --> Preferences --> Setup --> Reset --> OK --> Relog

If all these things don't help you to fix your problem, you need to clear your cache manually or possibly to change viewer. Start this way and let us know if you need more help.

Good luck.

• Like 2

In addition to LoveAngel's great and detailed answer, here's one tip. Once you are back to you regular appearance, save it. Edit your appearance and click 'save outfit' at the bottom left of the window (you can check boxes for shape, skin, hair, clothes, AOs, etc). Name it in a way you can easilty remember it. This will create a subfolder in your 'clothing' folder. So in case your avatar crashes again, you can retrieve instantly the 'real you'. :smileywink:

(edited for typo)

• Like 1

Hi Faith!  I sent you a folder inworld called Katie Starter Avatar.  Click on the folder and REPLACE OUTFIT.  Once you have completely rezzed, you can rebuild your avatar.  Keep the folder in case this happens again in future.  This has helped me 100% of the time.  Enjoy your SL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.