EEP v WL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:32 PM, Blip Mumfuzz said:

Has the quality of the light changed with EEP?   I can't seem to get certain effects like a nice orange glow along the edges of grass that I used to be able to using WL.  And the colors everywhere seem more muted.  It is totally frustrating.  

That's interesting because to me, everything seems brighter and more specular in the last week or so. I'm seeing more glow from lights, etc.  I thought maybe it was me or something, but whatever happened seems like an improvement imo.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:32 PM, Blip Mumfuzz said:

Has the quality of the light changed with EEP?   I can't seem to get certain effects like a nice orange glow along the edges of grass that I used to be able to using WL.  And the colors everywhere seem more muted.  It is totally frustrating.  

Certain effects did change with EEP.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:32 PM, Blip Mumfuzz said:

A lot of things changed with EEP.

Colours seem washed out because of the way WL presets are interpreted by the EEP renderer (there's a lot of gaps that need to be filled, without any additional data) - for example, with EEP ambient light colour is controlled by no less than 3 separate items, whereas (from memory) WL only had 1.

The glow effects have changed largely due to changes with material map rendering that was introduced at the same time as EEP, to fix long-standing issues with how materials work in SL - this often means that items set up for pre-EEP materials often don't work as they did *but* with some tweaks to their settings can be made working again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.