How do other people react to your avatars?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, Orwar said:

Me:

5ea20c68-4b9f-4978-a459-8a9c40d5c87d_tex

I actually have a similar sentiment to that in my profile. "If I am showing something off, it's not an invitation. My avatar's appearance is made for my benefit, not yours."  

Oddly (or maybe not, actually) the number of lewd IMs and sexual come-ons I've received have reduced significantly since I switched body, and made my avatar much more "plus-sized" (of a more realistic rather than exaggerated Kupra-type shape). At first I worried that wearing Erika or Freya and dialling breast size up to near-maximum would be asking for trouble but that hasn't been the case at all. There are always a few who prefer a BBW avatar but apparently nowhere near as many as  those who prefer skinnier model types. 

51625606915_c137c3b657_c.jpg

I'm sometimes Furry, usually a blue horse, with a similar body shape.  That gets more positive (and still non-sexual) comments from people with human avatars, and more sexual comments from other furries.

• Like 5

I don't get any reactions at all on my main avatar. I'm a guy, I'm ginger and I'm short. Well, I'm about 6'4", so I'm basically invisible to anyone who isn't looking down.

Actually I did get one good reaction recently when I was in the gym, and shirtless. A guy IM'd me to ask me where I bought my shape. When I told him I made it myself he congratulated me and said it was the best shape he'd ever seen on a Gianni body. So that was a very nice compliment.

Indra gets all the usual "compliments" off the usual sort of guy. Ho hum.

Tammi has a shape similar to @Karly Kiyori, combined with a style that is punk-ish, and a bit intimidating. And I concur with Karly's experience too; she gets far fewer sexually-loaded comments than Indra does. Going out clubbing with her is a completely different experience than it is on either Indra or my main. People will actually talk to her, for the purpose of having an actual conversation, rather than being completely ignored (like me) or fielding the typical comments that Indra gets. 

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I don't get any reactions at all on my main avatar. I'm a guy, I'm ginger and I'm short. Well, I'm about 6'4", so I'm basically invisible to anyone who isn't looking down.

Actually I did get one good reaction recently when I was in the gym, and shirtless. A guy IM'd me to ask me where I bought my shape. When I told him I made it myself he congratulated me and said it was the best shape he'd ever seen on a Gianni body. So that was a very nice compliment.

Indra gets all the usual "compliments" off the usual sort of guy. Ho hum.

Tammi has a shape similar to @Karly Kiyori, combined with a style that is punk-ish, and a bit intimidating. And I concur with Karly's experience too; she gets far fewer sexually-loaded comments than Indra does. Going out clubbing with her is a completely different experience than it is on either Indra or my main. People will actually talk to her, for the purpose of having an actual conversation, rather than being completely ignored (like me) or fielding the typical comments that Indra gets. 

I'm 5 foot 5 1/2, you're still taller than me!

15 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I'm 5 foot 5 1/2, you're still taller than me!

You're about the same height as Bea, who DJs for me at Noir (or used to, before we closed). If Bea was any smaller, she'd be a fairy. My alt Indra is about 6 foot and even she towers over her.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had three guys in a row basically run away from me at a popular dance place last night after they were politely/gently informed that I'm male running a female avatar. But that's why I tell them. The plus side is that the music was still good (and the hosts are always super welcoming) and the amazing compliments on my avatar (pre-flee) where nice.

Even after finding out, one of the guys who has 14 years in SL did say "You have one of the best looking female avatars I have ever seen" or words to that effect, which was lovely. Course, he didn't want to dance with a "guy" but his loss :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Usually the IMs I get are pretty friendly, but there are plenty of messages I've gotten that kinda made me want to cringe out of existence, or caused me to instantly shrivel up like Spongebob in Sandy's dome without a water helmet.

"r u sungel jw" is probably my favorite random IM I've gotten out in the wild recently. 🤣 I've also been told I look way too "evil" for the holiday season, which I thought was odd but I said I was more into the Krampus aesthetic anyways and it immediately led to "well everyone likes horny women" 🙄 

There was also the time where I bought my first mesh body and got a skirt and top to go with it, and was shopping around for some more clothes to start with, when someone came up to me and asked if I was wearing panties. I thought they were trying to lead into some sexual comment or request, but turns out they were actually trying to let me know I literally was not wearing underwear. 🤣 Their execution was a tad creepy but I certainly appreciated the heads up since I didn't even think about equipping panties LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:
This one was a few minutes ago after logging in @ Access Event Holiday round, some lady send me a couple of photos of my avatar.
(such a sweet gesture..)

Screenshot_2021-12-15_14-46-16.thumb.png.ec556259785cbfc13d5439d6a2fa4ba3.png

I find myself totally fascinated by the reactions you get off people. It's almost like they've been double-dared to knock on Boo Radley's house or something! They must feel such relief when you answer like the human being that you are behind that rather imposing-looking avatar!

Does it make you chuckle to get so much attention. It seems every girl loves a bad boy to try and tame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I find myself totally fascinated by the reactions you get off people. It's almost like they've been double-dared to knock on Boo Radley's house or something! They must feel such relief when you answer like the human being that you are behind that rather imposing-looking avatar!

Does it make you chuckle to get so much attention. It seems every girl loves a bad boy to try and tame. 

Yes i do chuckle and i find it normal, many people are a bit bored of the human looking avatars (same way i do).

When it comes to these ladies they are good girls, most way too shy to even have a casual skype videocall so there's nothing they can tame but we can still enjoy some nice chat. Regardless, it's nice to see that a lot of people like sci-fi avatars. (i get male reactions too asking where i got this and that etc)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Had one tonight who said he was upset that I actually told him I'm male. Like he wanted to be fooled.

OMG, guys, make up your minds!

Men, sheesh ...

🙄

That just makes me feel sad, lmao. "Please, just let me have my illusion." 😂😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Had one tonight who said he was upset that I actually told him I'm male. Like he wanted to be fooled.

OMG, guys, make up your minds!

Men, sheesh ...

🙄

Since you tell everyone why not just put it in your profile?  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.