Peculiar login issues and teleport disconnects

Aishagain

Yesterday I experienced more teleport disconnects and login issues in one day than I experienced over the past year.

I did all the checks possible on my ISP and found no issues ( ping, speed, packet loss etc.) yet after a disconnect I found FS would hang for up to 30 seconds at "requesting region capabilities" .  Testing on LL's viewer ( current release) showed no issues of that type and once in-world on FS I experienced no issues typical of poor connection.

Restarting the region eliminated the issue for several hours until another TP disconnect occurred whereupon the symptoms returned.

Is my experience being noted by anyone else? 

I did not post this in either the viewer or general tech forums since I got the impression that this was a server issue.

Having seen numerous reports in the FS support chat of similar issues and reports of nebulous "connectivity" issues, I wondered if any further light could be shed on the issue?

Edited by Aishagain
Additional info

One current hypothesis is that it was something much larger in scope than SL, possibly larger than AWS. (There were other threads yesterday besides that one; maybe they got merged, dunno.)

[EDIT: Sorry, that link's the same as in @steeljane42's post above.]

[EDIT 2: Here's another related thread, but in the Answers section.]

Edited by Qie Niangao

Interesting.  So the consensus appears to be issues with some aspects of the internet, seemingly related to AWS Oregon, though there are no issues reported currently.  The number of accounts affected must be below the threshold where LL would issue a notice on the GSP.  Perhaps a few tickets about the issue might awaken them (not that there would be much they could do, other than as a client of AWS they might have some traction).

Looks like this is one we will just have to wait out.

31 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

So the consensus appears to be issues with some aspects of the internet, seemingly related to AWS Oregon, though there are no issues reported currently.

My wording in the other thread was probably not the best. Nothing is wrong with AWS itself, it's just some line from a major backbone has (Had? Seems to be quite normal for a couple of hours now.) an issue that affects traffic going to us-west2 cluster of AWS (but not just there, probably) for a bunch of people (myself included), for the rest whose traffic is routed through other lines it's fine.

1 hour ago, steeljane42 said:

My wording in the other thread was probably not the best. Nothing is wrong with AWS itself, it's just some line from a major backbone has (Had? Seems to be quite normal for a couple of hours now.) an issue that affects traffic going to us-west2 cluster of AWS (but not just there, probably) for a bunch of people (myself included), for the rest whose traffic is routed through other lines it's fine.

It certainly affected me in the UK, so it was (or perhaps still is) a widespread problem.

I am unable to log in from my home network, but able to log in from a public hotspot in another nearby town. I have tried Firestorm, Singularity, and Corrade, none of which work.

When I run Firestorm from the terminal, it prints this when the connection fails:

2021-10-15T01:35:41Z WARNING #CoreHttp# llcorehttp/_httppolicy.cpp(434) stageAfterCompletion : HTTP request 0x7f75eed25800 failed after 0 retries.  Reason:  Forbidden (Http_403)

I'm unsure if this is even within LL's control or not, since it seems to depend on the location I am logging in from.

Edited by LipstickAndDreams