Login issues today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Two of my accounts can log in with no problem, the other two both can't. It's hanging for several minutes at "Connecting to region" then failing, citing connection issues. Grid status page of course says everything is fully operational (eyeroll)

Image1.png.f8f0406d757775f8153457bc00e71b78.png

The two that are failing are not logging in to the same region and both of these regions are fine (can log in to both with other accounts).

may have spoken to soon - one of the accounts that did log in has disconnected on teleport. 

Something is afoot.

Yes I've been having the same trouble, getting logged out, and I couldn't see my home region for four hours.  A cleared cache and several restarts later I got back in, but I just now tried an alt, who couldn't get anywhere until I used the official viewer.  Firestorm and BD had the problems.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

Interesting - I haven't tried the official viewer yet (did try BD though, with the same problem. One of my accounts that could log in has now been booted, the other is still there; not the one I wanted to use today but  fingers crossed, at least its something. 

• Like 1

Most likely related to some issues I'm seeing with GTT. Possibly some physical or a software issue somewhere on their lines. Seems to only affect Oregon's cluster of AWS where SL is located (as far as AWS is concerned). Based on what I see it stops and starts again randomly every few minutes and doesn't always affects the same IP blocks as before (that's why some regions were possible to log in and some weren't). It"seems" to be better right now, but in case if happens again those of you who also have issues can check here (no special tools or skills needed). http://ec2-reachability.amazonaws.com/

Refresh the page every 30 seconds or so and see if some us-west2 (Oregon) blocks time out, if they do - it's just an issue somewhere on the line between you and AWS, and not much you can do about it, but wait or use a VPN (like Nick did) to re-route the traffic through other backbones that don't experience issues at the moment.

3 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Most likely related to some issues I'm seeing with GTT. Possibly some physical or a software issue somewhere on their lines. Seems to only affect Oregon's cluster of AWS where SL is located (as far as AWS is concerned). Based on what I see it stops and starts again randomly every few minutes and doesn't always affects the same IP blocks as before (that's why some regions were possible to log in and some weren't). It"seems" to be better right now, but in case if happens again those of you who also have issues can check here (no special tools or skills needed). http://ec2-reachability.amazonaws.com/

Refresh the page every 30 seconds or so and see if some us-west2 (Oregon) blocks time out, if they do - it's just an issue somewhere on the line between you and AWS, and not much you can do about it, but wait or use a VPN (like Nick did) to re-route the traffic through other backbones that don't experience issues at the moment.

I'm in Oregon and didn't have any issues logging in today.

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm in Oregon and didn't have any issues logging in today.

There're no issues with Oregon's AWS cluster today as far as I know, so it should be fine for everyone whose traffic is not routed through the line(s) that are having issues. My other ISP routes traffic through Telia lines and there're no issues whatsoever, while the main ISP routes it through GTT and currently it's still quite unstable (it was fine for an hour earlier, then broke again).

I wonder if it's related to the disruption to Microsoft Azure? I don't know if AWS uses it or not but if they do, this is the likely culprit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/microsoft-azure-disruption-affects-windows-vm-users-worldwide/ar-AAPtdOz

I'm surprised there's still no mention on the status page though. Who is the technical Linden these days? Is there someone we can ping? @Kirsten Linden@Patch Linden can you pass on a message?

Edited by Maitimo

This is an interesting thread for me. I often have 2 or 3 avatars logged in and, for 2 or 3 days now, I've had oddities when a couple of them get logged out - grey 'You have been logged out' screen included - but one doesn't, and not always the same survivor. All in the same region. I was putting it down to the fact that I've been getting very brief spells when my internet connection drops, and simply not understanding why one avatar would survive. I thought maybe it was a case of different timed-out timings, which it may actually have been. Today I got the 'connecting to region' with one log-in that was long enough for me to close the viewer and start again.

So it's an interesting thread for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.