Ryzen 7 5700 G

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This past spring I built a PC, leaving my GPU as the last item for purchase, sadly I still haven't gotten one yet. I've been thinking about forgoing a discreet GPU altogether and going with a APU. Has anyone tried the Ryzen 7 5700G with SL, does it work, what is performance like, and will it handle ultra.

31 minutes ago, JimmySkat Canucci said:

will it handle ultra

😁 Dream on.

Now, more seriously:

A friend of mine got a laptop earlier this year with a Ryzen 5 APU, unfortunately I cannot remember the exact model, and she does ok, at least it's worlds apart to the performance of her old one with Intel HD 300something graphics. She is an auctioness for KittyCats and was crashing all the time, before she got the new one. Now she manages to stay online throughout the auctions.

That says nothing about the 5700G. Unfortunately. Your monitor resolution also plays a big part in how well or not it may perform...

On 10/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, JimmySkat Canucci said:

This past spring I built a PC, leaving my GPU as the last item for purchase, sadly I still haven't gotten one yet. I've been thinking about forgoing a discreet GPU altogether and going with a APU. Has anyone tried the Ryzen 7 5700G with SL, does it work, what is performance like, and will it handle ultra.

It's about as good as a gt 1030 2gb (make sure you get the gddr5 version not gddr4). Which isn't "bad" but its not good either SL wise. The 5700G is designed for gamers as a stopgap until the global chip shortage goes away or for the business or all in one customer. 

As far as ultra is concerned..... No. Maybe if you stay perfectly still while the updated background rezzes you can then take a 1080p photo at best. 

For integrated graphics it is leaps and bounds better than Intel and M1 mac though.

Here is an in depth review of the 5700G from Gamers Nexus. Beware though, if you are not an uber geek it will induce narcolepsy in some viewers.

Edited by MarissaOrloff
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.