Logging into SL is knocking me offline

Nebulosus Severine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

The best way to fix this is to get yourself an ethernet cord and connect your machine to the router/gateway/modem directly.

That isn't possible for me at the moment (I'm staying at a friend's). I'm aware that hardwire is the best way to go, so thank you but that isn't a helpful answer to my question.

6 hours ago, Nebulosus Severine said:

I am having an issue today where logging into SL is disconnecting me from the Wifi network I'm on. Using the Firestorm viewer, Windows 10 Home, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, 6-core Intel i7 9750H CPU @ 2.6 GHZ. Internet is otherwise working as usual. Any ideas why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Oh so many hours have already elapsed so you will have discovered why by now all by yourself I should think. Is it a possibility though that as the problem is specifically when you log into SL you get disconnected from the Wifi network, that the Wifi network recognises SL as too high a drain on resources for that particular Wifi account? Guessing, but someone I know had this happen at an internet cafe, where everyone else was able to remain connected, just not her and the SL log ins. 

17 hours ago, Nebulosus Severine said:

I am having an issue today [...] Internet is otherwise working as usual.

Is this a new problem? I mean, have things been working fine with this same WiFi connection before, and only just started being a problem? If so, if you haven't tried it already I'd suggest rebooting the WiFi router (and if the modem is a separate box, that too), if your friend can be charmed into doing so as a test.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:47 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Well, sweet, isn't it... you aren't providing helpful information either. Like "my horse is dead. It was pretty and had four legs. What do I eat tomorrow?" --- actually, that turned out more useful than it was supposed to be, with Horsey becoming tomorrow's dinner, but well.

Annnnd your comment was literally less than helpful. Go play in traffic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.