Help! My Slvoice is not working and i can't hear anyone, i need it for my job! :C

Rynnine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So my voice was working before, and then suddenly I have no dot. I've tried everything in support section of wiki, even doing a clean install. I am NOT asking about my own voice, I mean SLVoice.exe itself is not working. I have no dot, and since most of my friends on SL use voice, it is incredibly frustrating I cannot hear them. There has got to be an issue with SLVoice.exe itself. Can someone help me find my log file/set one up so I can post it? I have tried - Reinstalling drivers, relogging after turning voice off then on, setting device settings, going to a region which has voice and resetting, restarting my whole computer, checking slvoice has an exception in firewall, trying different HTTP fetching options, shutting down all applications that use voice, relogging and ending slvoice process, tried a different viewer entirely...  As I said, "everything" listed in the wiki.

12 answers to this question

On 10/12/2021 at 7:50 PM, animats said:

Can you get voice to work in Voice Echo Canyon?

If you're a premium member, contact support.

The whole Vivox system is flaky, but it usually doesn't stay down for long.

Yeah I tried to go to a voice world but I couldn't hear anyone. Sadly i'm not a premium member :c

On 10/12/2021 at 3:16 PM, Rynnine said:

So my voice was working before, and then suddenly I have no dot. I've tried everything in support section of wiki, even doing a clean install. I am NOT asking about my own voice, I mean SLVoice.exe itself is not working. I have no dot, and since most of my friends on SL use voice, it is incredibly frustrating I cannot hear them. There has got to be an issue with SLVoice.exe itself. Can someone help me find my log file/set one up so I can post it? I have tried - Reinstalling drivers, relogging after turning voice off then on, setting device settings, going to a region which has voice and resetting, restarting my whole computer, checking slvoice has an exception in firewall, trying different HTTP fetching options, shutting down all applications that use voice, relogging and ending slvoice process, tried a different viewer entirely...  As I said, "everything" listed in the wiki.

IMG_1954.jpg

I started getting this Message, tried turning off firewall but it didnt work :c

5 minutes ago, Rynnine said:

IMG_1954.jpg

I started getting this Message, tried turning off firewall but it didnt work :c

Have you tried to see if it works with another computer and your internet connection or your computer with another connection? (your phone as a  hotspot for example)

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:24 AM, Nick0678 said:

Have you tried to see if it works with another computer and your internet connection or your computer with another connection? (your phone as a  hotspot for example)

I did! didn't work tho :c

On 10/12/2021 at 3:16 PM, Rynnine said:

I actually realized the problem but still don't know how to fix it. Turns out the VOIP is blocked in my region which relates to slvoice :c

Check your inbound Rules on your firewall..... ------> Dullahan_Host <---- Could be disabled -----> Enable it.
I think I, just solved my issue.

You should have the following files excluded in your firewall:

•  
  • firestorm-release64.exe (or firestorm-release.exe)
  • slplugin.exe
  • slvoice.exe
  • dullahan_host.exe

Welp Nevermind.. so much for celebrating....
    Soon as I, logged out of SL and Back in again... Nadda.
    I can see why people use Discord.
Edited by 4gunny1

If your reading this and your still having this problem I, think I may have a solution....

I have been able to reacquire voice up to 4 x ...

I do not have a permanent solution but being its SL they'll probably won't fix, patch anything till later.

5 hours ago, 4gunny1 said:

If your reading this and your still having this problem I, think I may have a solution....

I have been able to reacquire voice up to 4 x ...

I do not have a permanent solution but being its SL they'll probably won't fix, patch anything till later.

vivox themselves host the voice servers for SL,  and it looks like from what I can see they are having some issues and some of their routes are being redirected right now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.